• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Trainee Drivers (Ongoing)

Jord85

Sorry to hear that Jord85, at least you got a shot at it, the exact day I travelled back to rig I got an invite for a DMI but again missed the window, ironically the time before I travelled back I got the invite, what's the chances of that...
Nightmare mate hopefully you get another chance at it. I’m going to apply again next time

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Billygoat

Anyone still waiting on an email after submitting application for end of May recruitment drive?

Samsanbor

Anyone still waiting on an email after submitting application for end of May recruitment drive?
I'm one of those pal, seems Scotrail have received thousands of applications and someone from the previous recruitment attended the assessment just recently.

RTNH

I'm one of those pal, seems Scotrail have received thousands of applications and someone from the previous recruitment attended the assessment just recently.
For someone I know who works with Scotrail has told me they received around 9000 applications in from the May advert. I applied and also not heard anything.

David Henney

Just been reading over previous posts on this thread and seems alot of people have been to depots etc for a visit prior to their assessments, anyone who has done this, was it just your local station you contacted or a larger depot, my local station is pretty small, was just wondering whether its worthwhile contacting them or better off contacting one of the larger stations in Edinburgh, cheers

K6vin

Morning, for anyone that’s passed the group bourdon test, was there a rough amount of lines you attempted to achieve ? I have my test next Thursday and sat 2 mock tests

1. 37 lines 26 missed (horrific)
2. 31 lines 4 missed 2 errors.

My aim is to get 0 missed 0 errors in doing that do u think I have the room to slow it down a little or should I be aiming for higher than the 31. ?

K6vin

Aim for 8-10 lines per sheet with no errors/omissions.
Thanks for your reply mate.. appreciated.

My mock tests have 2 blocks of dots on the one sheet, I was reading that’s how the actual test is set up. So does that mean 8-10 lines per actual sheet so 4-5 lines per 2min block ?

Sorry if I’m sounding a bit duh lol.

SomeoneElse

Hope your wrong with that mate lol..

I'd agree with SM22.
However if you aim for 8 with no errors you're better off than getting 10 lines done with errors in my opinion.

Accuracy is the main area to concentrate on than speed, don't focus too much on trying to get loads of lines done. Focus more on getting no mistakes and less lines than more lines with errors.

K6vin

I'd agree with SM22.
However if you aim for 8 with no errors you're better off than getting 10 lines done with errors in my opinion.

Accuracy is the main area to concentrate on than speed, don't focus too much on trying to get loads of lines done. Focus more on getting no mistakes and less lines than more lines with errors.
Ok mate, thanks for your advice, need to just knuckle down get it done.

Caseby

Has anyone who attended the test centre from the July 4th onwards had an email about their dmi? They told us it would be a couple of weeks, hoping it dosent land last minute.

Maximillion

Attended the assessment on Tuesday and received word of DMI today.. 1st August- typical as i’m on holiday and don’t return to the following week.
Can anyone shed any light on how this may affect me? Will they re-schedule? Just reading back some seem to have got a date quick and some from further back seem to be still waiting.

Bigdriver

Just depends on availability best just being straight with them sorting ASAP u might get a chance of changing it

Jord85

Attended the assessment on Tuesday and received word of DMI today.. 1st August- typical as i’m on holiday and don’t return to the following week.
Can anyone shed any light on how this may affect me? Will they re-schedule? Just reading back some seem to have got a date quick and some from further back seem to be still waiting.
They wouldn’t change my date when I couldn’t make it but I got an email a couple of months later with another dmi datd

Ema Leask

Hello, I have my part 1 assessment on Tuesday the 16th. I have been doing lots of practice - for the group bourdon I am getting to around line 10/11 with no errors, is this enough? For the TEA OCC, my question is for part 3 - how quickly do the tones come while you are searching for the symbols at the same time and how many roughly do you count each time, just so I have an idea of what to expect? Thank you - also the information on this forum has been great

Maximillion

EL post: 4103291 said:
Hello, I have my part 1 assessment on Tuesday the 16th. I have been doing lots of practice - for the group bourdon I am getting to around line 10/11 with no errors, is this enough? For the TEA OCC, my question is for part 3 - how quickly do the tones come while you are searching for the symbols at the same time and how many roughly do you count each time, just so I have an idea of what to expect? Thank you - also the information on this forum has been great

Don’t panic if you focus on the lines, its all methodical. Listen carefully and as said above the HR personnel help with hints and tips.. keep calm and relax. Its all times but use the practice material gain a method then stick to it..
Use your fingers to count and concentrate with the beeps.

Ema Leask

Don’t panic if you focus on the lines, its all methodical. Listen carefully and as said above the HR personnel help with hints and tips.. keep calm and relax. Its all times but use the practice material gain a method then stick to it..
Use your fingers to count and concentrate with the beeps.

Thank you for getting back to me :)

NickyFol92

Hey.

New member to this forum. I've got the 1st Assessment day on the 22nd and thanks to this forum I now know what material to concentrate on. I'm just wondering if anyone knows where to find practice material? Specifically Tea-Occ and TRP tests.

Thanks in advance

knocker1874

Afternoon all,

Lucky enough to be through the recruitment process and now just waiting on medical date and conditional offer. It’s been 3 weeks since being told I passed my MMI and stage 2 tests, is anyone else in this situation? I feel like 3 weeks is a long time to be in limbo.

Bigdriver

Afternoon all,

Lucky enough to be through the recruitment process and now just waiting on medical date and conditional offer. It’s been 3 weeks since being told I passed my MMI and stage 2 tests, is anyone else in this situation? I feel like 3 weeks is a long time to be in limbo.

Just the way it is mate and has been for everyone ! Me and a few others have passed our medical weeks ago and still waiting for a start date ! Just look at it this way u have done the hard part medical is just a case of turning up no stress or pressure