• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Trainee Drivers (Ongoing)

GS17

Tomorrows the big day! Good luck to anyone else who has their DMI tomorrow! Any word on how long to hear back after them?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gregwils

Tomorrows the big day! Good luck to anyone else who has their DMI tomorrow! Any word on how long to hear back after them?
I've got mine tomorrow. What time is your interview? Have you looked into the history of Abellio in detail or just the basics?

GS17

Got it at 9am and av looked into the main things like managing director, fleet size, how many stations ect just the usual stuff you would expect to know working for a company

gregwils

Got it at 9am and av looked into the main things like managing director, fleet size, how many stations ect just the usual stuff you would expect to know working for a company
Mine is at 12.30. Best of luck. Let us know how you get on

Fraz1

I had my dmi at the end of June and only heard back today that I’ve passed and onto next stage. They did email a few days after the dmi to say I’d need to wait till end of July as they were interviewing all month so you might hear earlier.

GS17

Awww hopefully its not an end of month shot then cause am the 1st of August :lol: dont think I could wait that long tbh!

NickyFol92

If anyone would like any info or advice feel free to drop me a mail. I've recently completed the process and got alot of help from others on the forums. I'm no expert, if i can do anything to help with the process I will.

Cheers Kendo

Hey Kendo. Can you send me a pm so I can get some advice from you? I'm currently revising for my DMI interview which is on August 14th and could do with some pointers etc.

Thanks in Advance

golfingdaddy

Awww hopefully its not an end of month shot then cause am the 1st of August :lol: dont think I could wait that long tbh!

I had my DMI at the start of March. Passed medical a few weeks ago. Not had a start date yet.

You've got a lot of waiting to do...!

dc007

Hey Kendo. Can you send me a pm so I can get some advice from you? I'm currently revising for my DMI interview which is on August 14th and could do with some pointers etc.

Thanks in Advance
I have just received my interview date through and would be grateful for any pointers that you can provide me with. Just an idea of what to expect and what specific information is best to study.
Thanks in advance

neily878

Hi there. Been waiting since 28th June for the result of my final interview. Was told it was going to be the end of July before all interviews complete. Still no word. Anyone else in the same situation.

mortarman

Hi there. Been waiting since 28th June for the result of my final interview. Was told it was going to be the end of July before all interviews complete. Still no word. Anyone else in the same situation.
Yes same here mate

golfingdaddy

Strange. I thought everyone was told within a few hours of the final interview whether they were successful or not...?

No course dates as yet. October at earliest apparently.

neily878

Strange. I thought everyone was told within a few hours of the final interview whether they were successful or not...?

No course dates as yet. October at earliest apparently.
I think it depends on the amount of vacancies at the requested base. I think they accept from areas in need first.

golfingdaddy

I think it depends on the amount of vacancies at the requested base. I think they accept from areas in need first.

Dunno about that...there's a few of us on here going to the same depot and we've all been waiting a while for a start date.

That would suggest that they are short at that particular depot but there is still no date for a course.

neily878

Dunno about that...there's a few of us on here going to the same depot and we've all been waiting a while for a start date.

That would suggest that they are short at that particular depot but there is still no date for a course.

What depot are you waiting for ?

GS17

Well had my DMI today and didnt think it went bad but didnt think it went amazing just done the best I could with trying to remember everything I learnt and researched but guess time will tell thanks to everyone who's been amassive help!

SHILTON125

Well had my DMI today and didnt think it went bad but didnt think it went amazing just done the best I could with trying to remember everything I learnt and researched but guess time will tell thanks to everyone who's been amassive help!
hi mate well I hope you smashed it any good tips would be much appreciated please

Maximillion

Goodluck

hi mate well I hope you smashed it any good tips would be much appreciated please

Yep Id second this.

Maximillion

I didn’t visit any depots and I got the job. I was also never asked about visiting depots in my interview. This is an external vacancy for trainees - so expect to be asked about what you know about Abellio ScotRail, what you know about the job, and about the skills you have that would make you a professional and safety-conscious driver.

Don’t expect to be asked specifics about who manages what, etc, but researching your local depot, routes, and traction, would be beneficial. I would agree that if hundreds of trainees starting showing up to depots then it would probably start to upset them.
@railroad578493 Hi can you elaborate on what routes and traction you spoke about was it just the ones that run from your local depot, or did you go broader than this? Cheers in advance.

Lainger

Thanks in Advance
If anyone would like any info or advice feel free to drop me a mail. I've recently completed the process and got alot of help from others on the forums. I'm no expert, if i can do anything to help with the process I will.

Cheers Kendo
hi kendo,I’ve got mine in few weeks also.Any advice would be much appreciated?cheers

EE Andy b1

Established Member
Good look to all you lads and lassies.
Hope all goes well for you all. It's a fantastic job especially if you have an interest!
35 years for me now on the footplate and still love it even after the the last two weeks major problems weather wise, that just goes with the job.

Just go in be yourself make sure you have some company knowledge, just don't try to bluff it. BE HONEST! and enjoy the experience.

Heres me!

Good look to all you lads and lassies.
Hope all goes well for you all. It's a fantastic job especially if you have an interest!
35 years for me now on the footplate and still love it even after the the last two weeks major problems weather wise, that just goes with the job.

Just go in be yourself make sure you have some company knowledge, just don't try to bluff it. BE HONEST! and enjoy the experience.
35 years and still loving it. Nice one