• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Trainee Drivers (Ongoing)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Brian. M

Yeah, they check your BMI. Not sure if they have limits or not though.

Eyesight, hearing, urine, breath test, blood pressure, ecg are all the things I can remember. You're in for about 90 mins or so.
They also remove your brain in preparation for the boredom... Lol

Brian. M

Boredom of the process or medical lol? How on earth does it last 90 minutes!
If you are fairly fit, not over weight, verging on sane, do not take drugs, have 0% alcohol in your system, can walk in a straight line, your not colour blind, you'll be fine..

Boris533

That’s me just got a conditional job offer for Edinburgh with my medical next week after being in the pool, such a long process but got there in the end! Good luck to all the guys and girls just starting their journey and the others still waiting to hear back at various other stages!

Nov632

That’s me just got a conditional job offer for Edinburgh with my medical next week after being in the pool, such a long process but got there in the end! Good luck to all the guys and girls just starting their journey and the others still waiting to hear back at various other stages!
Well done Boris533 you must be well happy. I sat my dmi and recieved an email the next day saying I will here back in a few weeks once all the interviews are finished. I didn't know of I should take this as a good sign or not.

BRM_storm

Well done! At what stage were you held in the pool?

Boris533

Well done Boris533 you must be well happy. I sat my dmi and recieved an email the next day saying I will here back in a few weeks once all the interviews are finished. I didn't know of I should take this as a good sign or not.
Thanks a lot! Yeah definitely happy! Well as they say no news is good news! The waiting can be painful I know, but they haven’t forgotten about you.

Boris533

Well done! At what stage were you held in the pool?
Thanks a lot! It was after my DMI, I had done my second stage assessments with another company so I literally just got a job offer out the blue rather than an invite to the second stage assessments, so it was a nice surprise haha.

Boxcar

Recently passed the recruitment process for Scotrail had a conditional offer pending medical.

Does anyone know what the medical involves and do they pay attention to your BMI?

Cheers
Don't worry too much about bmi, if it's a bit higher than they'd like, they'll probably just say to you to work on getting it down, but it shouldn't be too much of a factor or stop you passing the medical.

GS17

Don't worry too much about bmi, if it's a bit higher than they'd like, they'll probably just say to you to work on getting it down, but it shouldn't be too much of a factor or stop you passing the medical.

I'm in the same boat got my 2nd assessment end of the month but is if I pass on my BMI I'm classed as obese lmao! But yet I am a genuinely fit person may have a bit of extra weight but dont feel like it tires me out and restricts me.

NickyFol92

Anyone any idea where I can find Rolling Stock numbers? I want to find out how many of each are in service......I don't particularly trust Wikipedia on this one.

Boris533

Anyone any idea where I can find Rolling Stock numbers? I want to find out how many of each are in service......I don't particularly trust Wikipedia on this one.
If you go to a depot/station and speak to a driver or drivers manager they will be able to tell you the specific ones that run from there which is a lot easier than trawling through possibly outdated pages.

NickyFol92

If you go to a depot/station and speak to a driver or drivers manager they will be able to tell you the specific ones that run from there which is a lot easier than trawling through possibly outdated pages.

I was thinking that only issue being is I was told not to visit depots at Assessment centre as there had been too many applicants turning up.

neily878

That’s me been given a conditional offer and got a medical on Thursday. Anyone else applied for tweedbank ?