• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Trainee Drivers (Ongoing)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Maximillion

After over 2 weeks of researching and studying, seems strange today not doing it.. just the wait now to see if it was all worth it!

Simonrammy

Hi everyone
I'm wondering if anyone has any insider info. I applied for a trainee train driver job with abellio Glasgow closing date 31 May 2019. On the application it said that if I hadn't heard after 3 months I could assume I was unsuccessful. There are only two weeks to go! I can see on here that lots of people have had interviews (congratulations to you all) over differing time scales. Does anyone know if there is still a chance of an interview or if they have offered everyone places by now and does anyone know how many places were up for grabs and how many people applied.

Ta much
Hi

It’s a long drawn out process with hundreds of applicants so hang in there and with a bit of luck you’ll get a response before the 3month window. If not many tocs have an ageing workforce that they need to address so more vacancies will crop up in future no doubt. Good luck

K6vin

After over 2 weeks of researching and studying, seems strange today not doing it.. just the wait now to see if it was all worth it!
With you on the one mate lol, glad to have my nights back.. but only for a wee while hopefully.

FRC

Had DMI yesterday and received email today saying I am on reserve pool for 6 months.
They have more successful candidates than the positions to fill!!!

SHILTON125

I did my DMI yesterday and just had an email I passed the interview however there are more successful candidates than places so I am now in a reserve pool for 6 months

Junk_girl

For those in the reserve pool, don’t worry! Happened to me and Im 7 months into my training! It is a good thing, my email said exactly the same. They cant take u all on at once. Be patient and well done! You are very much in the mix :)

New applicant

I also had dmi yesterday can I ask those that have had a response what time you were in at as iv not heard anything yet didn’t expect anybody to have heard so quickly

GS17

Kinda wish I asked what depot i would most likely be based at as i am hoping its Motherwell or in Glasgow time central, queen street ect as bathgate airdrie and yoker would be a nightmare for me but hey ho i guess whatever one am based it i will be happy to get offered the job just wont like the rush hour traffic lol

FRC

I also had dmi yesterday can I ask those that have had a response what time you were in at as iv not heard anything yet didn’t expect anybody to have heard so quickly
Mine at 9am, I was told to wait 2-3 weeks but surprisingly email received today.

My interview didn't go well that's why may be I am in reserved pool for 6 months. Those did well may get a date for 2nd assessment soon.

Maximillion

Mine at 9am, I was told to wait 2-3 weeks but surprisingly email received today.

My interview didn't go well that's why may be I am in reserved pool for 6 months. Those did well may get a date for 2nd assessment soon.

Tbh mate, If you look at how sought after the job is, they would have used weak interviews to cut the numbers, not put us in the reserve pool. Like someone said above they cant be giving everyone 2 assessments.. Im looking at it from that point of view if my interview wasn’t strong enough id have been culled.

mortarman

For those in the reserve pool, don’t worry! Happened to me and Im 7 months into my training! It is a good thing, my email said exactly the same. They cant take u all on at once. Be patient and well done! You are very much in the mix :)
Good to hear that, thanks

New applicant

Yea totally agree if you have made it to the reserve pool that is fantastic news as you have passed the dmi I would be happy with that. Don’t think iv read a post on here from anybody that has said they didn’t get pulled back out the reserve pool. The positive is you have more time to prepare for the next stage

Fraz1

Kinda wish I asked what depot i would most likely be based at as i am hoping its Motherwell or in Glasgow time central, queen street ect as bathgate airdrie and yoker would be a nightmare for me but hey ho i guess whatever one am based it i will be happy to get offered the job just wont like the rush hour traffic lol
Most depots the early shifts roughly starting at 4.30am and lates 4.30pm roads shouldn’t be too bad you’d hope.

GS17

Most depots the early shifts roughly starting at 4.30am and lates 4.30pm roads shouldn’t be too bad you’d hope.
Yeah early starts are fine by me mate just have a problem where a stay it's like a hot spot for motorway incidents and breakdowns lol!

Jam00036

Hi folks just trying to see if anyone is in the same situation. I had my DMI on the 12th of March and received the “you have passed but are placed in a reserve pool for 6 months” email on the 11th of April. I’m 5 months in to that pool and getting a bit anxty. Is anyone in the same situation???

Maximillion

Wow wow I was in the holding pool all of 1 day 2nd assessment in mid sept!! Buzzing!

Last edited:

SHILTON125

I have just had an email also have computer tests and second interview if successful at tests 11 September