• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Trainee Drivers (Ongoing)

RTNH

Hi all

Just got an email today after applying in May for my assessment centre next Friday at 11:00 in Glasgow. Anyone else on this day? An advise would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nosillomr

Hi all

Just got an email today after applying in May for my assessment centre next Friday at 11:00 in Glasgow. Anyone else on this day? An advise would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Where is your nearest station?

RTNH

Hi all

As I have mentioned in my last post I have the 1st assessment on Friday. Can anyone advise if the 3rd part of the Tea-occ is listening to both high and low tone or just the one tone which you need to count while looking through the directory.

Thanks in advance.

Kuksoolgirl

Hi RTNH

There's high and low tones where you count the low tones (I think), and then also tones while looking through directory. It's not too much to worry about tbh, just focus. Probably the most difficult bit is the technical passage with the multiple choice. You'll be alright. There have been links on this forum to practice material which are same as book I bought, they're helpful. Also practice the group bourdon test. If you can, do the dot ones rather than the letters.

Scoops

Hi all. I have been called back for a 2nd assessment and was wondering if anyone who has successfully been through it could give me a rough idea of what to expect. Do they do the medical on the same day? Cheers!

RTNH

Hi RTNH

There's high and low tones where you count the low tones (I think), and then also tones while looking through directory. It's not too much to worry about tbh, just focus. Probably the most difficult bit is the technical passage with the multiple choice. You'll be alright. There have been links on this forum to practice material which are same as book I bought, they're helpful. Also practice the group bourdon test. If you can, do the dot ones rather than the letters.

Hi thanks for getting back to me. I bought a practice download for the TEA-OCC and did ok hopefully it is roughly the same. Been practising the bourdon test loads and seeing dots in my sleep so fingers crossed.

Heres me!

Hi all. I have been called back for a 2nd assessment and was wondering if anyone who has successfully been through it could give me a rough idea of what to expect. Do they do the medical on the same day? Cheers!

I take it you found what you were looking for on this forum ref 2nd assessment and MMI etc?

paepo

Stage 2 assessments are well documented on here and on other threads so I won't bother going through it all in detail again as the info is already here but you will do situational judgement questions, computer tests, and if you pass those you'll do the MMI that same day.
The medical is a different day and you'll receive an appointment for that if you're given a conditional offer. It's conditional on passing the medical, satisfactory disclosure Scotland and satisfactory reference check (reference check is merely checking with HR of your old work the dates you worked there and is carried out after your start date).

RTNH

Hi all

Passed the 1st assessment today. Think the DMI is going to be on 4th October (that’s what they said if we passed). If anyone can give any advice and can spare the time to send me a message it would be appreciated.

Scoops

Thanks paepo.
Stage 2 assessments are well documented on here and on other threads so I won't bother going through it all in detail again as the info is already here but you will do situational judgement questions, computer tests, and if you pass those you'll do the MMI that same day.
The medical is a different day and you'll receive an appointment for that if you're given a conditional offer. It's conditional on passing the medical, satisfactory disclosure Scotland and satisfactory reference check (reference check is merely checking with HR of your old work the dates you worked there and is carried out after your start date).

Trained

Hi everyone. Got an email saying I am being progressed to 2nd assessments (dmi was 1st August).

I know it has been Covered but if anyone could drop me a message with done info regarding questions asked and how to practice for tests who has done it recently it would be greatly appreciated.

I had put this to the back of my head after being put in holding pool but ready to get stuck in again now!

Kuksoolgirl

Hi everyone. Got an email saying I am being progressed to 2nd assessments (dmi was 1st August).

I know it has been Covered but if anyone could drop me a message with done info regarding questions asked and how to practice for tests who has done it recently it would be greatly appreciated.

I had put this to the back of my head after being put in holding pool but ready to get stuck in again now!
That's good news, do you mind me asking what depot ? I am also in reserve pool for Inverness, so sorry can't help with 2nd assessments

mortarman

I'll send you a PM later today mate, I'm also for bathgate & passed the MMI on Wednesday.

Does anyone know the booking on/off times for train drivers at Glasgow central? Also, can anyone confirm the traction type? Obviously I'm aware of the EGIP, but are there other traction types? Thank you

Last edited:

Trained

Hi all,

Does anyone know how long you get to see each image on the photo memery test in 2nd assessments?

Got a pack online but looking to practice using the same time they give you on the day.

Thanks

Boris533

Im sure it varied, at the start it felt like maybe 2 to 3 seconds then by the end it was literally like a flash on the screen.

Maximillion

Hi all,

Does anyone know how long you get to see each image on the photo memery test in 2nd assessments?

Got a pack online but looking to practice using the same time they give you on the day.

Thanks

I practiced by setting image to approx 0.79ths of a second and tried to get down to 0.75ths. but rem the pressure is unreal and was still unsure Id passed it, infact it was the only one I wasnt sure about.

Bigdriver

It’s no where near as long as 2-3 seconds try 1 lol go on YouTube it’s like that one but on the day slightly quicker

Boris533

It’s no where near as long as 2-3 seconds try 1 lol go on YouTube it’s like that one but on the day slightly quicker
Lol I did put 1 - 2 seconds at first but I felt it didn’t sound much different to a literal blink on the screen like at the end of the test. But the last few images are pretty much sub conscious half guesses haha

mortarman

I think 1sec is about right but hard to say. Any practice you can do can only be good thing so start high & reduce it gradually as you improve

Azzkiker83

Need some advice. I've got my interview tomorrow in Glasgow for trainee train driver. Just looking over my notes and research. When I thought i had better check my application to refresh my memory on the answers.

Here's where I'm in a pickle. I've just noticed that my date of birth is actually wrong on the application, I could only fill it out on my phone at the time as my laptop had died. And I'm guessing my thumb must have hit the wrong button. I'm guessing this wouldn't be a good thing considering how much attention to detail I should be showing.

How should I go about correcting this information with them?

Thank .

Kuksoolgirl

Personally, I would forget about it tonight. No point worrying about it just deal with the interview for now. See how that goes, then if all goes welll, drop HR a wee email. I'm sure they'll understand.