• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Trainee Drivers (Ongoing)

Taff

Anyone know if they're looking at another recruitment drive any time soon or if there will be a later intake than november?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RTNH

Anyone else got a conditional start date for 24th November subject to medical? Got my email today :)

What depot are you going to? I have my MMI tomorrow and been told if I pass that then I’ll be starting on 25th nov. When was your MMI?

What depot are you going to? I have my MMI tomorrow and been told if I pass that then I’ll be starting on 25th nov. When was your MMI?
It's for Ayr :) I live in London, but said i would be willing to move to wherever the operation requires drivers most at the moment, so they chose Ayr. I did my MMI with another TOC around a year ago. Where is your depot?

RTNH

It's for Ayr :) I live in London, but said i would be willing to move to wherever the operation requires drivers most at the moment, so they chose Ayr. I did my MMI with another TOC around a year ago. Where is your depot?

Yeah it’s Ayr as well. I am on holiday and have my MMI tomorrow and phone them to ask if I can attend another time and was told if I want to start on the 25th November I need to go tomorrow. If I am successful I’ll see you on the 25th Any tips for the MMI?

Yeah it’s Ayr as well. I am on holiday and have my MMI tomorrow and phone them to ask if I can attend another time and was told if I want to start on the 25th November I need to go tomorrow. If I am successful I’ll see you on the 25th Any tips for the MMI?
Great! Good luck hope it goes well. I'm pretty worried about my medical to be honest, hoping i will pass it. Speak as if you're a train driver speaking to a signaller for all of the questions (Clearly, not too fast, accurately etc). For everthing focus on safety and following rules and procedures above anything without comprimise. Focus on remaining calm while under pressure, taking responsibility and accountibility in high pressure situations, being able to concentrate for long periods and retain large amounts of information, be able to analyse situations and problem solve etc. Just show that you have the required skills of an effective train driver from real life examples. Defo don't waffle, just be straight to the point and showcase your relevant skills. If you do that, then you will be fine!

RTNH

Great! Good luck hope it goes well. I'm pretty worried about my medical to be honest, hoping i will pass it. Speak as if you're a train driver speaking to a signaller for all of the questions (Clearly, not too fast, accurately etc). For everthing focus on safety and following rules and procedures above anything without comprimise. Focus on remaining calm while under pressure, taking responsibility and accountibility in high pressure situations, being able to concentrate for long periods and retain large amounts of information, be able to analyse situations and problem solve etc. Just show that you have the required skills of an effective train driver from real life examples. Defo don't waffle, just be straight to the point and showcase your relevant skills. If you do that, then you will be fine!

Cheers, just concerned about the assessment mostly. Then if I can get through that worry about the interview in the afternoon.

golfingdaddy

Anyone else got a conditional start date for 24th November subject to medical? Got my email today :)

Yeah, I'm starting on 25th Nov. I passed everything months ago so I've been waiting on a start date for a while.

Not 100% sure what depot I'm going to yet, it's one of three in Glasgow area.

pendy12

I've been in a holding pool since April but got an email saying I'll be held for another 6 months as there may be movement for the area that I'm in for.

RTNH

Hi all

thanks to everyone who helped and gave advice. Passed my 2nd assessment and MMI, got my conditional offer and hopefully start in December.

pendy12

Hi all

thanks to everyone who helped and gave advice. Passed my 2nd assessment and MMI, got my conditional offer and hopefully start in December.

Congrats. It's not an easy task getting through. Where are you going to be based.

GS17

Has anybody else got a potential start date for the 9th of December? And will be based in Glasgow, shields, corkerhill or central

GS17

Well got an email today contract will be posted out and its official start on the 9/12/19 woop! Feels like it's taking forever lol

RTNH

Has anybody else got a potential start date for the 9th of December? And will be based in Glasgow, shields, corkerhill or central

I have been told I will start on the 9/12 and going to Ayr. Was meant to be starting on 25/11 but not given me enough time for medical and to hand my notice in so changed to 9/12.

Azzkiker83

Congrats on getting there. I'm guessing I was at the same MMI with you. I was also lucky enough to get a conditional offer as well. Not got my start date as of yet but have been advised it's in November. Going for my medical on Friday.

Congrats everyone. Looking forward to meeting you all (If my medical results come back all good). Does anyone know how it works in terms of accomodation for when you do your initial training in glasgow? Is accomodation provided? Or are you given allowances for accomodation? Thank you!

kickin aff

Congrats everyone. Looking forward to meeting you all (If my medical results come back all good). Does anyone know how it works in terms of accomodation for when you do your initial training in glasgow? Is accomodation provided? Or are you given allowances for accomodation? Thank you!

Depending on where you reside, they will sort out a hotel for you, with bed, breakfast and evening meal. They often use the Ibis styles, central west, which is just a 30 second walk to the school.

MT18

Guys, I’ve got an application from May still under consideration, what are the chances of still being in for a shout for getting to the next stage?

Samsanbor

Guys, I’ve got an application from May still under consideration, what are the chances of still being in for a shout for getting to the next stage?

Several people are on the same boat. Apparently someone managed to get the job and still see the "application under consideration" on their profile, weird !
Someone also received an invitation for the assessment after 8 months since they applied . However, being following this thread seems Scotrail has now more successful applicants than positions available for the last May intake, many of them are held in the talent pool until a suitable vacancy arise.

Would anyone mind private messaging me what (if any) concessions we get with other train operating companies? I'm starting my training in November and it would be very useful for visiting family in london every now and then

Thanks

Josh

Last edited: