• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scrap railway track

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craftworker

Hi, i have my own craft business and I would like to buy a some length of railway track to make some ornaments I am designing. I only need about 3 metres. Can anyone help with where I can buy some from?

thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Kelford

Hi, i have my own craft business and I would like to buy a some length of railway track to make some ornaments I am designing. I only need about 3 metres. Can anyone help with where I can buy some from?

thanks in advance.
Well you can get 3ft lengths of flexitrack in 16.5mm gauge from virtually all model shops. Buy 3 of them. It should be between £9 and £15.

Peter C

Established Member
I think Hornby's 00 gauge flexitrack comes in one metre sections, so that might be a good way to go.
If you're looking for the real thing, that's probably going to be rather hard to find for cheap I would have thought.

-Peter

DerekC

Established Member

thanks in advance.

I did manage to get short lengths of rail cut for experimental use in Doncaster, which probably isn't much help!

Seeing you are in Dorset, you could ask the Swanage Railway to let you have some scrap rail in exchange for a suitable donation (they are a friendly lot).

Status
Not open for further replies.