• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Screenshot Thread [Large Images]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxster

Established Member
East Lanashire Railway route at Rawtenstall with an included LMS steam locomotive (5690)

elrsteam2hv.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
A green Class 60 locomotive (60081?) climbs a bank on the Nene Valley route.

green607vm.jpg

Coxster

Established Member
'Celebrations' Class 47 on the table at Wansford, Nene Valley Railway on Weedkilling duties (with a 45 on the rear).

NVRTurntable.jpg

devon_metro

Established Member
Some evening shots heading to Totnes with the 12 coach SWT 159 to London Waterloo ( More to follow)
jhpvfk.jpg

jhpxtt.jpg

jhpycw.jpg

jhq74k.jpg

jhq6ow.jpg

1K73

3 shots of the WIP 'Peak Rail' Donationware Addon Pack...seen here with Ruston 88DS No. 20 on a very rare passenger outing.

2014da.jpg

2027dq.jpg

2036wo.jpg

David

Harold

HI all, just a few images after playing MSTS recently.

1. EWS Class 37 406 with a short sleeper formation at Haymarket from the Scottish Central route.

EWS37406_sleeper_haymarket_sc.JPG

2. GNER Class 373 white rose, traveling at high speed on the fictional Modern England route.

GNER_whiterose_moderne.JPG

3. Wessex Trains class 31 clags out of Penzance heading east. From the GWR route

WT31_GWR_penzance.JPG

richa2002

Established Member
Wow great to see my skin of 37406 in one of your screenshots :)

Galvanize

47adex.jpg

Virgin started running summer saturday trains to Weymouth (quay), using 47s, mark 3s and DVTs. Freightliner decided to provide the 47, which I was lucky enough to see Between Weymouth and Upwey travelling "Wrong line" for no apparent reason.

trains2

Galvanize said:
travelling "Wrong line" for no apparent reason.

Probably because you had Mk3s and a DVT on the south coast, must've been lost! :p

Great shot all the same.

Harold

Hi all, another 4 of my shots from playing MSTS. I think I have become even more addicted to this sim.

2 shots of a Regional Railways class 150/2 (273) on the Looe Branch. From GWR route.

150273_looebranch_GWR.JPG

150273_looebranch_GWR2.JPG

A 4 car class 450 (013) stands at Bitterne on route to Southampton Ctl. From the Dorset Coast route.

SWT450013_bitterne_dcv2.JPG

GNER HST - Front power car with new Headlights, rear Power car advertised 2012 London Olympics. Heading towards cardiff on the Fictional Modern Engand route.

GNERHST_newlights_moderneng.JPG

hope you like! More coming soon.

T

Tom

I did the nameplate on the 450 013 Desiro... ;)

Well Dave Babb modified the model for me so we can use a NamePlate.ace instead of modifying main train textures!

Coxster

Established Member
;)
tubechallenger said:
I did the nameplate on the 450 013 Desiro

Well Dave Babb modified the model for me so we can use a NamePlate.ace instead of modifying main train textures!
Except only a handful of people have access to the plated version ATM ;) While we are at it, I did some station signs, PIS editing (note they have Fleet etc on them ;)), the Class 423 skin, some other station furniture etc and came up with some i9deas in the original testing of the route for car stop markers, the SWT styled platform numbers etc. I would say to you all to go buy it but I can't...

trains2

Coxster said:
Except only a handful of people have access to the plated version ATM ;) While we are at it, I did some station signs, PIS editing (note they have Fleet etc on them ;)), the Class 423 skin, some other station furniture etc and came up with some i9deas in the original testing of the route for car stop markers, the SWT styled platform numbers etc. I would say to you all to go buy it but I can't...

Well if we turn it into a competiton...:p

If it weren't for my kind permission to allow Dave to build the route, it might never have happened. ;)

I think my 455 skin is also on there somewhere.

Also, we aint allowed more than 4 images in a post either!!?

Tom B

Established Member
trains2 said:
Well if we turn it into a competiton...:p

If it weren't for my kind permission to allow Dave to build the route, it might never have happened. ;)

I think my 455 skin is also on there somewhere.

Also, we aint allowed more than 4 images in a post either!!?

I am not aware of any such rule - you may post as many images as you like (within reason obvoiusly) - this is after all a screenshot thread.

trains2

Ta :D :D :D :D :D

;)

While I'm here, I'll add a few from South Western Lines:

GBRf Class 66 no. 66701 runs north at West Byfleet with an engineering train.

GBRf Class 66 no. 66701 runs north near Brookwood with an engineering train.

A SWT 4-CEP slows to stop at West Byfleet station.

Teetime! One of the many golf courses in the southwest London commuter belt areas.

Established Member
nice shots. will have to et this route when it comes out! west byfleet and weybridge are my local huants when at my dads in addlestone!

Harold

Hi all, I have some more shots to add:

1. South Central Livery class 377 (no:201) is at Brighton having arrived from Victoria on a X-mas express. From the LBE route.

Southern377201_Brighton_xpress_snow_LBE.JPG

2. BR electric Blue class 207 approaches Christs Hospital on route to Brighton from Horsham. From the Steyning Line.

BR207_christs_hospital_steyningline.JPG

3. Regional Railways class 150/2 (no: 273) curves from Dorchester West onto the Weymouth line. From the Dorset Coast route.

150273_from_dorchesterwest_towards_weymouth_DCv2.JPG

Hope you like.

Coxster

Established Member
trains2 said:
There is no reason why Dave should have to get your permission to build a route...

trains2

Common courtsey Damon, we were building the same route, would be rather rude to start it without asking me as he's just duplicating my work.

Coxster

Established Member
trains2 said:
Common courtsey Damon, we were building the same route, would be rather rude to start it without asking me as he's just duplicating my work.
You not using Jon's trackwork anymore? ;) What I meant was he is only sharing the Southampton to Basingstoke section at the moment - he has other plans I believe. Also what I meant was you couldn't actually stop him making the same route - no laws against this. I'm not saying this to have a go at you - just so people know the truth. Better versions of things have been kept private because the author doesn't think he is allowed to re-create something. Same as if you release the E-Rail CEP, Making Tracks have made a CEP so you are duplicating their work etc. Neither Dave is using your actual trackwork, nor is E-Rail actually using the CEP model by MT.

Anyway, here is BATS' Class 50 at Minehead, West Somerset Railway.

MSTSClaggy50.jpg

Jonno2055

Definately better than the default 50 with MSTS.

I have noticed though that E-rail and Europeanbahn are both planning to do the GWML Paddington to Bristol.

Coxster

Established Member
Jonno2055 said:
I have noticed though that E-rail and Europeanbahn are both planning to do the GWML Paddington to Bristol.
I know which one I'll be buying.

The Snap

Established Member
trains2 said:
Ta :D :D :D :D :D

;)

While I'm here, I'll add a few from South Western Lines:

GBRf Class 66 no. 66701 runs north at West Byfleet with an engineering train.

GBRf Class 66 no. 66701 runs north near Brookwood with an engineering train.

A SWT 4-CEP slows to stop at West Byfleet station.

Teetime! One of the many golf courses in the southwest London commuter belt areas.

I don’t really use MSTS as I think BVE4 is for better train wise. I think scenery is better in MSTS, as it looks more realistic. However, trains are not as good, as they don’t have all the additional features which BVE4 ones have (wipers, rain, AWS, TPWS, engine start up/stop etc). However these screenshots look excellent. I am intrigued to know which route they came from? If they are from your website trains2, I'll download it and give it a try (but if it is from UKTS, I'll give it a miss...) :)

Coxster

Established Member
It is the work in progress South Western Lines route in production by E-Rail - http://www.e-rail-online.co.uk Some trains do have wipers actually (only visible on the exterior), aswell as a rather simple 'alerter' that is built into the sim ;)

Julian G

Established Member
Here are my latest shots of Cl66709 leaving Brighton Sheds
GBRF Cl66709 prepares to leave Brighton
Cl66709 makes an appearance by clagging
RESULT TO PROVE a cl66 CAN CLAG (added by TC: VIRTUALLY)!!! :D

trains2

Coxster said:
You not using Jon's trackwork anymore? ;) What I meant was he is only sharing the Southampton to Basingstoke section at the moment - he has other plans I believe. Also what I meant was you couldn't actually stop him making the same route - no laws against this. I'm not saying this to have a go at you - just so people know the truth. Better versions of things have been kept private because the author doesn't think he is allowed to re-create something. Same as if you release the E-Rail CEP, Making Tracks have made a CEP so you are duplicating their work etc. Neither Dave is using your actual trackwork, nor is E-Rail actually using the CEP model by MT.

I see where your coming from, but that's not what I meant. What I meant was that rather than Dave producing the route behind the scenes, and then releasing it without telling me about it, it would be considered rather rude. Dave being the nice bloke that he is, kindly informed me that he was planning to build the route. As you said, I couldn't stop him, very true, but I wouldn't have done anyway because I'm not a stingy git.

My point is that a certain element of courtesy and politeness came into it, Dave took the courtesy to inform me that he was going to Waterloo (pics on UKTS btw if you haven't seen. :) ), and I returned it by saying I had no problem with it, that's all there is to it.

Coxster said:
Jonno2055 said:

I know which one I'll be buying.

Well at this stage it is likely that you will be buying the EB version for MSTS, as we are thinking that our L2B will be for KRS, but we're not sure yet. We are still in deep discussion about the matter.
--- edited ---
Rich said:
I don’t really use MSTS as I think BVE4 is for better train wise. I think scenery is better in MSTS, as it looks more realistic. However, trains are not as good, as they don’t have all the additional features which BVE4 ones have (wipers, rain, AWS, TPWS, engine start up/stop etc). However these screenshots look excellent. I am intrigued to know which route they came from? If they are from your website trains2, I'll download it and give it a try (but if it is from UKTS, I'll give it a miss...) :)

As Damon says, it is WIP at the moment, and it likely to be payware for MSTS. Don't ask when though as we simply don't know. I can tell you though that we are about 5 miles out of Waterloo track wise. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.