• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Screenshot Thread [Large Images]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxster

Established Member
Post any screenshots here that are to do with BVE. This is the same thing that has been in the MSTS section for ages. Just a bit of fun really. Here's some to start off with!

BVETrainsimImage1.jpg

BVETrainsimImage2.jpg

BVETrainsimImage3.jpg

BVETrainsimImage4.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Snap

Established Member
Here is a couple of screenshots from my latest coding efforts, on Richwell Stage 3.

cooks.jpg

A Class 156 terminates at Cooksbey

cooks2.jpg

Class 220 Voyager waits to depart from Cooksbey

Can I thank Shane for his tremendous track objects, used in Stage 3 (as shown in screenshots) and eezypeazy for his various station objects from Aln Valley which I have modified.

Comments welcome,

The Snap

Established Member
Jordy said:
Looking good Rich, that track really does look excellent :D

Jordy

I asked Shane if he had anything in the way of track, and that is what he gave me! :D

LondonBVE

I have a couple of screenshots of BVE 4. One on Richwell Network, Piccadilly Line V5.2, Northern Line V3.1 and Birmingham Cross City South. (Those route that I listed are routes that I think they are good and recommend people to download). But problems come in when I take the screenshots of all those routes on my digital camera the resoulution not really good, so i can't post. (Almost forget add in Maybank to the list too). Your maybe wondering why I don't use "Print Screen or Shift + F7 then Print Screen" cause I don't know why my "Print Screen" button don't work.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Tip: Alt+Print Screen, then paste into Paint or other image program. That's how I do it, works just fine, and is how I did screenshots for my canned route.

The Snap

Established Member
WSXFan said:
Tip: Alt+Print Screen, then paste into Paint or other image program. That's how I do it, works just fine, and is how I did screenshots for my canned route.

I do too! :p

Tom B

Established Member
I was looking around for some images to use on BRJ and this one looked quite good - taken fullscreen at 1024x768 px.

fpk.jpg

ChrisCooper

Established Member

Based on an intermodal. Can run becasue the headcode is a class 4, not class 6. The wagons are permitted to run at 75mph as is the loco.

Coxster

Established Member
WSXFan said:
Then he'll be a good few minutes early, and will have plenty of slack if he gets held at a signal!
Also would risk derailing or something, possibly killing people. It's like saying a train could run around a 40mph limited curve at 80mph because it would get there earlier...

The first priority is safety. No driver would compromise that just to "get there a bit early". Not worth it at all and you would lose your job. It's a highly responsible job, being in charge ofthe lives of 100s of people on your train.

Coxster

Established Member
James 66526 said:
The first priority is safety. No driver would compromise that just to "get there a bit early". Not worth it at all and you would lose your job. It's a highly responsible job, being in charge ofthe lives of 100s of people on your train.
And those trains/workers around you too, espeically with a whole line of wagons and containers behind you!

Exactly. The trouble with BVE4 is that it doesnt reflect the rules side of things. It can make train driving look like you just go in and drive off. It is nowhere near liek that in real life. Traction knowledge is more than knowing how to turn the lights on. Route knowledge isn't just where the PSRs and stations are, it's a lot mroe complicated than that. You can't just go into a station at 50mph and slam it into full service. BVE4 is good but I don't think any simulation will ever give you the real feeling of what it's like to be a driver and the problesm that they face.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Another instance of people thinking something different to what I was. I never suggested any driver would drive too fast to save a couple of minutes, far from it. Indeed, I was suggesting humour in my post, but never mind. 'Get a sense of humour'. Tried that, people shoot me down for it...:roll:

The Snap

Established Member
WSXFan said:
Another instance of people thinking something different to what I was. I never suggested any driver would drive too fast to save a couple of minutes, far from it. Indeed, I was suggesting humour in my post, but never mind. 'Get a sense of humour'. Tried that, people shoot me down for it...:roll:

A sense of humour is essential for a good personality, as I'm sure you'll agree WSXFan. People with no sense of humour are very dull in my opinion (I'm not singling anyone out...). I have one (got it from eBay :p ) and often make my mates laugh.
Anyway, I admit, I often speed to kill time, but always make sure I'm going the right speed when passing signals etc. :D The game is just that, a game, and speeding is hardly going to kill someone, is it. Surely in real life a driver would take safety into consideration more than he would in a simulator, as no lives are at risk (apart from the driver who may have a freak accident with a joystick...?) I certainly would anyway. I work on a preserved line where safety is paramount, and comes before all other things.
BVE4 is a game for pure fun and enjoyment, and it not a driver training game. It is not realistic enough to be a driver training game, nor is it suitable, so I think speeding or whatever is perfectly OK in BVE, and in any other simulator for that matter.

Dennis

Established Member
Few more screenies added to the collection from the tutorial route which I am currently adding scenery to and extending....http://dennis-lance.fotopic.net/c1135508.html

Hopefully, this project will see the light of day; I've got about 100km of various routes in progress - one day I'll get around to finishing them!

Coxster

Established Member
Looks more like a proper route than a tutorial route :shock: I'll download the tutorials just for the route itself :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.