• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scunthorpe to Bradford split ticket query

Status
Not open for further replies.

175mph

On Moderation
I'm about to buy a split ticket using www.splitticketing.com from Scunthorpe to Bradford for a Saturday in November. The itinerary goes as follows:

Scunthorpe to Doncaster using the Northern all stops service, not the TPE service which goes straight to Doncaster.

Doncaster to Leeds, again with Northern.

Then Leeds to Bradford Interchange.

I'll be setting off early morning and be back in Scunthorpe by around 20:00.

Now, I was wondering, let's say for example I wasn't able to make the return journey due to say a castrophic issue stopping all the trains running, and I was put up in a hotel for the night and allowed to make my journey the next day, how would I be able to deal with the following issues the next day?

Since it'd be Sunday, and the Northern all stops service to Scunthorpe doesn't run on Sundays, would I only be able to make my journey as far as Doncaster and be stranded there until Monday as my split tickets would be invalid on the TPE service back to Scunthorpe or would TPE let me travel even though they'd technically be invalid on the understanding I don't want to be stranded?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alistairlees

Established Member
Now, I was wondering, let's say for example I wasn't able to make the return journey due to say a castrophic issue stopping all the trains running, and I was put up in a hotel for the night and allowed to make my journey the next day, how would I be able to deal with the following issues the next day?

Since it'd be Sunday, and the Northern all stops service to Scunthorpe doesn't run on Sundays, would I only be able to make my journey as far as Doncaster and be stranded there until Monday as my split tickets would be invalid on the TPE service back to Scunthorpe or would TPE let me travel even though they'd technically be invalid on the understanding I don't want to be stranded?

I think it's unlikely sch a catastrophic event will happen.

If it does, and assuming you possess an Off-Peak Day Return from Scunthorpe to Doncaster, then this ticket is valid on any service (whether TPE or Northern) from Doncaster to Scunthorpe, as it is route "Any Permitted". If you possess Advance Singles (which are AP Northern only), then either TPE will let you travel or Northern must provide alternative transport (such as a taxi). Even though you have bought split tickets, the National Conditions of Travel apply to your entire journey (assuming you allowed enough time to change trains).

Status
Not open for further replies.