• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SDO on 700/1s at Baldock

Status
Not open for further replies.

stut

Established Member
Is there anywhere I can find some information out?

I was travelling from London to Baldock the other day, at the back of a 12-car 700 and was rather surprised to discover SDO was in place, with the last few carriages locked. As it's quite a short distance from Letchworth, there was really very little warning of this (I didn't even know it was a short platform). Anyway, I made it.

My question, though, is whether this is the case on the London-bound platform too. I have an elderly relative visiting via this route and don't want to see her get whisked off to Letchworth!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ianno87

Veteran Member
Yes, on both platforms, which are only ~160m long each. In both cases, it is the rear 4 coaches that don't open, in the direction of travel.

stut

Established Member
Yes, on both platforms, which are only ~160m long each. In both cases, it is the rear 4 coaches that don't open, in the direction of travel.

Thanks. I'll warn her not to get on the very back at Cambridge!

philjo

Established Member
The screens and announcements on the GN stations have recently started warning about needing to join the front 8 coaches for passengers going to Baldock.
I'm not sure I have seen that warning displayed at Cambridge. Cambridge is run by GA so presumably the information for the screens is displayed in a different format ?
From Cambridge the 12 coach trains usually leave from Platform 8. Anywhere from the bottom of the steps/lift forwards will be in the platform at Baldock. Though best to go further forward to be nearer the exit at Baldock (& the seats are less crowded a few coaches further forward !)

Status
Not open for further replies.