• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SDR Autumn Diesel Gala.

Status
Not open for further replies.

devon_metro

Established Member
A fantastic event with fantastic weather!

STAVERTONNNNN ;)

I did a bit of linesiding and also some bashing.

My pics here:
http://paigntonrailwaycentre.50webs.com/041106.htm

My favourite shot:
dg10s.jpg

Any comments? :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theblackwatch

Established Member
Considering the time of year, it seems you had some excellent weather allowing good photos to be taken! Have to agree with you choice of favourite shot.

Nice photo's! :D
Good weather too, looks like its still late summer judging by the greenery on some of those trees! :shock:

Jordy

Established Member
Great shots Liam, will have to add the SDR to my 'to visit' list ;)

Jordy

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I was already there, in spirit. I'll be there fully next year, that's for sure!

My 'to do' list is already massive for 2007...

devon_metro

Established Member

Jordy the line is very nice! Plenty of thrash available. That 25 was the star of the show for me :p

Dennis

Established Member
Nice shots!

Some of those pictures do make it look more like the middle of summer rather than November and although it was t-shirt weather around the middle of the day, it was more than a bit nippy when the sun set.

The last trip of the day was also a something different, with the carriage being in total darkness.

One of the surprises of the day was the turn of speed shown by the 04 shunter...didn't realise they could go 25mph.

devon_metro

Established Member
Nope, sounded like a bus though ;)

It certainly was 'different' behind 25901- the beast in the dark!

Coxster

Established Member
Why does 50002 always make me cringe? ;) Electric blue really doesn't suit it IMHO - makes it look like a toy train rather than the fantastic piece of machinary it really is!

devon_metro

Established Member
Why does 50002 always make me cringe? ;) Electric blue really doesn't suit it IMHO - makes it look like a toy train rather than the fantastic piece of machinary it really is!

Well it doesn't work so that could be argued! ;)
I agree 50002 looks awful. Although i read somewhere some work is being undertaken somewhere on it. Also 33002 is progressing well in terms of engine repairs which is great news :)

Status
Not open for further replies.