• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Seaford to Bognor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanyalbeck

Hi! We are 2 adults and 4 kids going from Seaford Sussex to Butlins in Bognor, leaving on Aug 5th morning and returning Aug 8th. We have a f&f railcard.
What's the cheapest way to do this? TIA??????

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Islineclear3_1

Established Member
PTSO or platform depending on the weather
I'm sure a fares expert will come along soon but good luck getting a train from Seaford.

Due to the ongoing dispute on Southern, there are many short notice cancellations especially on the Coastway lines and the last time I heard, there was no train service at all from Seaford except in the peaks

Last edited:

telstarbox

Established Member
What time do you need to leave Seaford?

If you can leave at 0925 or later you can get the Off-Peak Return ticket, the return half is valid for a month so that would cover both halves.

As above, you might find it's a replacement bus up to Lewes then trains the rest of the way.

Last edited:

tanyalbeck

Thank you!! Can I book the open return thing on the national rail website? Ta x

telstarbox

Established Member
You can, but it's the same price if you buy at the station, so no need to book.

It's the Off Peak Return and should cost you £45.30 for 2 adults and 4 kids.

gray1404

Established Member
Off Peak Return Adult will be £14.35 and child will be £4.15. That is the cheapest ticket on the route if you are returning on a different day. There are no Advances. As stated above must not leave before 0925 in the morning Monday to Friday.

Last edited:

gray1404

Established Member
Don't book via National Rail, go to one of the train company websites (I personally would not use the Southern one as its not very user friendly) such as Virgin Trains and book it there. However, as you are not getting an Advance ticket you can simply get your Off Peak Return (the prices of £14.35 and £4.15 are correct) on the day of travel from the ticket office.

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
Doesn't Southern's Kids for £2 deal come into play here?

(Only bookable via the Southern website or at the station)

Total comes to £38.85

https://tickets.southernrailway.com...10:00/2016-08-08T14:00/2/4/FAMx1?smartcard=no

In this instance if you booked via another TOC's site as suggested above you'd be paying quite a bit more...
I thought of that but assumed the £2 fare was a day return, so didn't mention it as I thought it only saved 45p (and even then I thought it was debateable whether you could have 3 children on the £2 offer with the other on the Family Railcard so the two adults can get the discount) so didn't mention it. But if the Southern website is offering that (very impressive that it worked it all out actually) then it must be fine. Nice find.

James H

Total fare would only be £36.70 if a Network Railcard or Two Together Railcard was held by the OP, as all four kids would qualify for the £2 fare.

gray1404

Established Member
Just had a look on the Southern website and I am impressed with the results. This looks like the best price you are going to get (short on paying out for a Network/2 Together Railcard for £30 just to save an additional £2.15). If I were you I would therefore book directly on the Southern website: This indeed will be the cheapest site to book on.

Off Peak Return
3 Children at Child Flat Fare Return £2.00 each
1 Child with the Family and Friends Railcard £4.15
2 Adults with the Family and Friends Railcard £14.35 each
TOTAL £38.85

I would personally book it online and collect it from that station on the day to save having to explain my requirements (3 different ticket types with different numbers of people on each) at the booking office. Then you can sit back relax and look forward to your holiday.

And in the unlikely event you have to cancel, provided you have not collected your tickets yet, Southern offer a money back guarantee whereby you can receive a full refund without any administrative fee.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.