• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

"Seasiders" now at Stagecoach Grimsby-Cleethorpes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimsbyPacer

Established Member
The arrival of Skegness style bright and very colourful lowfloor topless buses for Cleethorpes' 17 'Coastal Cruiser' route has started. It was advertised earlier this year but I have just seen 'Lolly the Seasider' at Cleethorpes Pier

This is a big improvement over the other bus running the route at the moment.

I'm attaching a picture.
Anyone like it?

Attachments

• LollyTheSeaSider.jpg
    LollyTheSeaSider.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 156
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

83G/84D

Established Member
Bit garish if you ask me, I'd wait for the second bus especially as it is fully open top rather than partial.

Last edited:

GrimsbyPacer

Established Member
Personally I think the colour is better than standard Stagecoach white for the service. There was a special Orange and Blue Stagecoach bus painted with a palm tree about 4 years ago for the route but that's disappeared.

New buses are rarely fully opentop sadly, it does mean they can use the same bus during days where rain and sunshine are intermitten and all year round without taking a bus of another route. But if the next is fully opentop :)

In Skegness I've also seen Rocky, Pierre, Sandy and Shelly most are less garish than this one except for Rocky which looks like a stick of rock colours.
Probably few other seasider names left, maybe Donkey next?

Last edited by a moderator:

Boothby97

Established Member
The other one for Cleethorpes is also a partial open topper, and named Splash.
Skegness have Rocky, Candy, Sandy, Salty, Pierre and Shelly (all ex Grimsby Tridents which are also partial open tops and have been at Skegness for a few years), an addition earlier this year was Hattie (which is a step entry Olympian - 16314). There are a further two (ex Stagecoach Fife) open top Gemini Eclipse/B7TLs due which will go to Skegness, one is pink (presumably to become the permanent Hattie) and there is a Rolly the Seasider (which is blue and based around rollercoasters).
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Personally I think the colour is better than standard Stagecoach white for the service. There was a special Orange and Blue Stagecoach bus painted with a palm tree about 4 years ago for the route but that's disappeared.

The vehicle that had the special 'Coastal Cruiser' livery was, like the Skegness open tops were, I believe an MCW Metrobus which were all scrapped a few years back. Don't know wether the full open top Leyland Olympian 14667 will remain with Stagecoach once its finished at Cleethorpes, time will tell I suppose :D

fgwrich

Established Member
I wonder why they've started to cut the roof off the ex First Wright's Volvo B7TLs! They're hardly standard to the area (let alone the group!) but to me feels a shame when there's enough awful Tridents that deserve this kind of work! <D

mbonwick

Established Member
There's 7 other B7TLs at Grimsby and 25 others around the East Midlands region. Hardly non-standard!

If anything, the ex-First B7TLs are more standard to East Mids than East Scotland where they were previously....

Status
Not open for further replies.