• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Season Ticket enquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Validation

Hi,

Just a quick question that may have been asked before (But I can't find a direct answer to my question!)

I have a season ticket (Annual Gold Card) between East Croydon and London Terminals. Am I correct in thinking I would not be able to use this ticket at intermittent stations such as Clapham Junction? And that the ticket would only be valid at East Croydon and either London Bridge or Victoria?

I was looking at travelling to St Pancras soon too, am I correct in thinking this would not be valid as it is not a London Terminal?

Thanks for your time.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Romilly

Established Member
The good news is that a season ticket is valid for journeys that start at any station on a permitted route between the origin and destination stated on the ticket and end at any such station. So East Croydon to Clapham Junction, and Clapham Junction to Victoria, would both be fine (as would be Selhurst to Wandsworth Common, to take another example).

Your ticket is good for travel into Victoria, London Bridge, Waterloo, Waterloo East, Charing Cross, Cannon Street, City Thameslink and Blackfriars. But it does not cover travel through Farringdon, so would not be valid to St Pancras.

NB there is a separate East Croydon to St Pancras season ticket that is the same price as your season ticket: it doesn't cover travel on the underground (so is designed for travel on Thameslink through Farringdon), and might not be much use if you normally travel into Victoria.

Last edited:

Validation

The good news is that a season ticket is valid for journeys that start at any station on a permitted route between the origin and destination stated on the ticket and end at any such station. So East Croydon to Clapham Junction, and Clapham Junction to Victoria, would both be fine (as would be Selhurst to Wandsworth Common, to take another example).

Your ticket is good for travel into Victoria, London Bridge, Waterloo, Waterloo East, Charing Cross, Cannon Street, City Thameslink and Blackfriars. But it does not cover travel through Farringdon, so would not be valid to St Pancras.

NB there is a separate East Croydon to St Pancras season ticket that is the same price as your season ticket: it doesn't cover travel on the underground (so is designed for travel on Thameslink through Farringdon), and might not be much use if you normally travel into Victoria.

Thanks for the info, Romilly! Glad to know I will be able to get more use out of the season ticket than anticipated.

Starmill

Veteran Member
NB your ticket may be from 'Croydon Stations' - so this would permit the use of the other members of the group too (certainly West Croydon - is South Croydon included also? I seem to think no).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.