• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Season ticket extension question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Failed Unit

Established Member
Hi,

Just to confirm my understanding is correct, I have a Linlithgow - Edinburgh season ticket, but on Monday I will do a journey between Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Using a train that doesn't stop a Linlithgow but is still routed via Falkirk is Ok. Ie the x00 and the x30. The others are of course ok as the stop anyway.

Using a train that goes via Bathgate, Shotts or Motherwell is not ok.

Just in case I am tempted with some track bashing.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I'm assuming that you have completed your journey but just to say that your reasonings were correct.

Now to through a spanner in the works. You correctly stated that with your combination of tickets the train has to pass through the station where you change from one to the other.

It is not permitted to use the other routes (in your case via Bathgate, Shotts, or Carstairs) but my point is this - is it unreasonable? It has been pointed out on this forum quite a few times that most guards (myself included) implement a "is this a reasonable route" and I always ask myself is there a significant revenue loss to the railway before deciding. In this case I do not think there is a loss by travelling on a parallel route between Edinburgh & Glasgow - however one of my colleagues may take a different view.

My advice would be this if you want to use a different route on your combination of tickets then just the guard prior to travel - you may be pleasantly surprised with the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.