• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Season Ticket Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaunsmonkey

Hi, wonder if we had any season ticket gurus on here that could answer me a question, Ive spoken to someone in the ticket office at Doncaster station and they didnt really understand what was required.

I have a season ticket currently from Doncaster to Leeds (any route), I will shortly be moving to work in York so require a season ticket from Doncaster to York, I was told by a colleague that I could just keep my Doncaster to Leeds season ticket as it allows for stops at York as this is one of the routing options but the woman in the ticket office says that this isnt the case as its more expensive to travel to York so would need a specific Doncaster to York ticket.
This is where is gets abit complicated, one or two times a week I will be staying in Wakefield so I will need to travel to York from that staion, the ticket office woman said this would be fine as Wakefield is covered in the Doncaster to York season ticket. I may also need to travel from Outwood to York on occasions via Leeds, would this be covered in the Doncaster to York season ticket or is there another option to add Wakefield/Outwood/Leeds to York route on my season ticket.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I recommend a Poppleton - Conisbrough Season ticket.

You can get your existing Season changed, this is better than getting a refund and a new Season as no admin fee applies.

If you can't get an Annual, buy it in blocks of typically 5 week periods (taking into account annual leave, bank holidays etc) typically starting on a Monday and finishing on a Friday (assuming you work M-F).

A Poppleton - Conisbrough Season gives an absolutely huge amount of validity. My interpretation of the permitted routes is that a Season allows unlimited travel on these lines:

York - Doncaster (direct)
York - Selby - Doncaster
Doncaster - Conisbrough
York - Swinton - Conisbrough
York - Poppleton
Poppleton - Harrogate - Leeds
York - Garforth - Leeds
Leeds - Wakefield - Doncaster
Conisbrough - Doncaster

Shaunsmonkey

Excellent same price as the Donny to York ticket too.
Many thanks for your help I will look into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.