• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Season Ticket Not Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

embers25

Established Member
When a Season Ticket is not available how can you get one created and what would be the rate. The example I need is Cheam to London Road Guildford (but due to the station groups even Sutton to Guildford doesn't have one!)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

OwlMan

Established Member
Try this
Flow Origin 5632 LONDON RD GUILFD
Flow Destination 0055 LONDON ZONES 5-6
Ticket Destination LONDON ZONES 5-6
Route 00609 NOT VIA GUILDFRD
Cross-London NO
Fare Setter SWT SOUTH WESTERN RAILWAY
STANDARD CLASS
7TS TRAVELCARD 7DS STD SEASON ADULT: £71.80 CHILD: £35.90

[.n]

Try this
Flow Origin 5632 LONDON RD GUILFD
Flow Destination 0055 LONDON ZONES 5-6
Ticket Destination LONDON ZONES 5-6
Route 00609 NOT VIA GUILDFRD
Cross-London NO
Fare Setter SWT SOUTH WESTERN RAILWAY
STANDARD CLASS
7TS TRAVELCARD 7DS STD SEASON ADULT: £71.80 CHILD: £35.90

I can see that covers the journey the OP mentioned, but technically shouldn't be a non-travel-card ticket as well and that'd be cheaper

A Challenge

Established Member
Can't you get sold one using a rate - I believe it's in the ticketing guide?

Edit it is

The price of a monthly or an annual season ticket can be calculated using these formulae:

Code:
Code:
price of monthly season ticket = 3.84 x base rate
price of annual season ticket = 40 x base rate

The price of a season ticket valid for multiple months is calculated as the corresponding multiple of the price of a monthly season ticket. The final calculation is rounded up to the next 10p.

OwlMan

Established Member
Can't you get sold one using a rate - I believe it's in the ticketing guide?

Edit it is
No that is how to calculate monthly and annual fares from the price of a weekly season

There is no right to a season ticket for a flow (unless it is regulated), it is up to the pricing company whether is offered.

Or a Croydon to Guildford 7DS, which is £67.70 per week. Bit odd that none of the stations around Sutton seem to have a 7 day season to Guildford area stations, is this an historical quirk of some kind? Did sometime just forget to write in these stations in the franchise agreement regulated fare schedules when SWT was first privatised?

Status
Not open for further replies.