• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Season Ticket - Price info

Status
Not open for further replies.

iplaysafe

Can anyone tell me

1. The cheapest price of a monthly season ticket between St. Albans and London Blackfriars?

2. Or alternate routes which will have some cost merits?

Thanks in advance,
SJ

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dan_atki

Established Member
Standard class monthly season for St Albans City to London Thameslink* is £238.10 (will go up in the January fare increase, however).
* valid to St Pancras/Farringdon/City Thameslink/Blackfriars/Elephant & Castle/London Bridge

As you're travelling across London then there wouldn't really be any alternatives, I'm afraid as you'd need to have a cross London transfer included in your ticket which you can't have on seasons except as an All-Zones Travelcard (which will cost considerably more).

glynn80

Established Member
I think to be able to make any guesses into what would work as alternatives for you we'd need a little more information. Do you live in St Albans or would it be convienient for you to travel to other station on other lines e.g. St Albans Abbey or Hatfield. Also on the other end is your workplace right next to Blackfriars or would it be within walking distance from other stations?

Status
Not open for further replies.