• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Season Ticket Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wookiee

Anyone care to suggest why a season ticket might be cheaper in one direction than the other? I've recently reversed my Southampton to Croydon via Barnham as I noticed it's £60 p/a cheaper the other way!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LexyBoy

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Probably an error in pricing seasons based on SDR prices. Or perhaps that should be "error" since I doubt Southern will be in any hurry to correct such anomalies.

It is of course totally valid to use a season in either direction, unlike an return tickets.

Wookiee

There are a few anomalies on that route. The season ticket price from Weymouth to Croydon via Barnham is considerably cheaper than a season from Weymouth to Fareham, which would have to go the same way. :)

button_boxer

Established Member
I've recently reversed my Southampton to Croydon via Barnham as I noticed it's £60 p/a cheaper the other way!

Now it has been mentioned on the internet, expect the prices to be equalised (at the higher of the two values) at the next fares revision...

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Now it has been mentioned on the internet, expect the prices to be equalised (at the higher of the two values) at the next fares revision...

They don't even have to wait that long..."Obvious" mistakes (like the EMT bargains where they apparently forgot that fares are set in pence) can be corrected outside the normal fares round.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
They don't even have to wait that long..."Obvious" mistakes (like the EMT bargains where they apparently forgot that fares are set in pence) can be corrected outside the normal fares round.

Or the £1 Scottish Specials although they left it long enough for much travel to be arranged for a bargain price ;):D

Status
Not open for further replies.