• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Season ticket query - valid via Dorking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Wake

Hi all,

On Monday, myself and my sister are travelling from Gatwick Airport to Oxford.

We have already each got a season ticket, mine a Crawley to Zones 2-6 AAA Haywards Heath annual gold card, my sister a Crawley to London Victoria monthly ticket.

We intend to catch the 0903 from Gatwick Airport to Reading via Dorking (Deepdene) and I believe both our season tickets are valid to Dorking Deepdene to then transfer to Dorking and get a train from there into London so we can use them to get as far as Dorking Deepdene.

Can someone confirm this for me please as it would save us money and time as the off peak day return from Dorking Deepdene to Oxford is £16.05 with 16-25 discount (which we both also hold a Railcard) with a restriction of leaving after 0859, whereas from Redhill is a couple of quid more and prohibits leaving until 0929 so would cost us some time.

Can someone please confirm I’ve worked this out correctly, many thanks in advance!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JB_B

Established Member
As far as I can see, that's fine - e.g. routeing from Gatwick to Ewell East ( first station reached inside zone 6 ) is permitted via Dorking on map AR ( dest RP Epsom ).

NRE will offer a travelcard for that route.

nre_gtw_ewe.png

You might encounter staff who think it's not valid, however.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.