• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

season ticket question

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodgrief

I stopped using my annual season ticket a few months ago and am applying for a refund (with a long term sick note) from early May. I used my ticket for a short journey near me a few weeks ago and it went through an automatic barrier (not the underground) - will the system detect this as i read this now makes my claim redundant.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LexyBoy

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I believe it does make your claim invalid unfortunately.

A ticket office will be able to determine when the ticket last went through a barrier, but it's not automatically recorded on some centralised system. However I would think it quite likely that this check would be made where a backdated refund is requested.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Welcome to the forum.

Simply ensure any claim you make is truthful and the Company will then be able to assess what refund is due. It may be a case of hoping for some goodwill on their part.

Last edited:

34D

Established Member
Welcome to the forum.

Simply ensure any claim you make is truthful and the Company will then be able to assess what refund is due. It may be a case of hoping for some goodwill on their part.

Do others think it is worth saying at the start "I last used it to go to work on xx april but did use it to go to hospital appointments at xyz" rather than the swipe being done and yielding a later date than the clerk expects?

Status
Not open for further replies.