Season ticket refund

SWT_USER

Final update - refund hit my credit card today. So about 6 weeks to process in all!

Surprised that SWR now have the capacity to start on the December strike compensation scheme next week too.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Fiyero

Surely this process breaks every single rule about how to protect yourself from phishing/fraud attacks? You get cold-called from somebody who claims they work for a train company, they say you're due a lot of money, and you just need to give them your card details in order to receive it. Is that really the best that train companies can do? Thanks for the heads-up as to what might happen - I would probably have just laughed and put the phone down if I'd received a call like this! I've been assuming I'll get a cheque in the post because they (Greater Anglia in my case) didn't ask for any card details/account numbers when I submitted my claim.
I thought this too when I got an email in relation to my claim for a refund on an advance ticket saying to phone up and give card details for my refund. I googled the number and got nothing, asked on here and was reassured and I did get my refund but it looked sketchy as hell.

The Great Northern website https://www.greatnorthernrail.com/t...y/coronavirus-information/coronavirus-refunds now says:

If you are on Twitter, it may be quicker to contact them that way, once you reach the 28 day point. NB Once amount and payment details are sorted, they say it can still take "up to 20 working days" to receive the money.
Thanks. I contacted GN customer services again and they got back to me the next day to say my refund was approved and I needed to call them to arrange payment. They also said that if I got through to one of their staff who was working from home, they'd arrange a callback from someone who was working in their offices as for data protection reasons, home-working staff can't take payment details. All done, ~£1200 should be in my account within the next 20 days.

gtat

I'm still waiting for a £7k+ refund from GWR. I made the claim online 40 days ago and the website states a 26 day processing time. I phoned them this morning and they said it should be with me in the next '1-2 weeks'.