Season Ticket Split Query

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by otter11, 6 Dec 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kieron

kieron Established Member

There are some "Routeing Point" easements for both Bradford on Avon (700370) and Theale (40005 and 300391), but the National Rail site may decide not to consider these when the ends of a route has a routeing point in common.

2. otter11

otter11 Member

So is it correct that easements should not apply when stations have a common routing point? I did wonder if the 40005 easement was relevant here, but concluded it probably wasnt:

" Customers travelling from Bedwyn, Hungerford, Kintbury, Newbury, Newbury Racecourse, Thatcham, Midgham, Aldermaston and Theale to Didcot Parkway and
    beyond may travel via Reading West. This easement applies in both directions."

Last edited: 11 Jan 2017
  3. kieron

kieron Established Member

I only know what has been published about it.

Page 10 of the National Routeing Guide in Detail document defines them as:
    Routeing point easements, which allow a routeing point to be used which the
    fares check would otherwise forbid. They may also disallow a routeing point
    which the ordinary rules of the Routeing Guide would permit.​

Page 4 defines the rule in terms of a situation where the origin and destination station do not have a routeing point in common. Both Bath and Reading would fail the fare check for a Bradford on Avon-Theale journey, but this would not affect the valid routes between them if there were no easements. What that means for a situation where there are easements is not set out explicitly in anything I've seen.

4. Indigo2

Indigo2 Established Member

For the past year or two the official easement list has included a column "Category" - it is my understanding that easements of category "Routeing Point" or "Map" are not relevant for local journeys where there is a routeing point in common. But the other easements do apply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.