• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

season ticket split tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnolan83

Hi,

Quick question,

If I needed to book a season ticket covering me from Birmingham New Street - London Euston are we able to split the season ticket at Milton Keynes and book a Birmingham - Milton Keynes season ticket and a Milton Keynes - London season ticket .

Would this be valid on all services even those that do not stop at Milton Keynes.

I have checked the conditions of carriage which stated the following but I just want to confirm this is valid how for this particular reason.

19. Using a combination of tickets
You may use two or more tickets for one journey as long as together they cover the entire
journey and one of the following applies:
(a) they are both Zonal Tickets unless special conditions prohibit their use in this
way. The Ticket Seller will, if you ask, advise you whether you can use a Zonal
Ticket in combination with another ticket.
(b) the train you are in calls at a station where you change from one ticket to another;
or
(c) one of the tickets is a Season Ticket (which for this purpose does not include
Season Tickets or travel passes issued on behalf of a passenger transport
executive or local authority pass.

thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Hi,

Quick question,

If I needed to book a season ticket covering me from Birmingham New Street - London Euston are we able to split the season ticket at Milton Keynes and book a Birmingham - Milton Keynes season ticket and a Milton Keynes - London season ticket .

Would this be valid on all services even those that do not stop at Milton Keynes.

I have checked the conditions of carriage which stated the following but I just want to confirm this is valid how for this particular reason.

19. Using a combination of tickets
You may use two or more tickets for one journey as long as together they cover the entire
journey and one of the following applies:
(a) they are both Zonal Tickets unless special conditions prohibit their use in this
way. The Ticket Seller will, if you ask, advise you whether you can use a Zonal
Ticket in combination with another ticket.
(b) the train you are in calls at a station where you change from one ticket to another;
or
(c) one of the tickets is a Season Ticket (which for this purpose does not include
executive or local authority pass.

thanks in advance

No. The train must stop at Milton Keynes.

Harpers Tate

Established Member
"c) one of the tickets is a Season Ticket (which for this purpose does not include
executive or local authority pass." It also says "and the other is not".

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
"c) one of the tickets is a Season Ticket (which for this purpose does not include
executive or local authority pass." It also says "and the other is not".

It is even joined onto the same sentence in the NR CofC, following a comma. Selective copying by the OP to support his hoped for use??

amateur

On Moderation
I there a such thing as Birmingham stations to London terminals season ticket? So you can use em on chilternz and virginity

CyrusWuff

Established Member
I there a such thing as Birmingham stations to London terminals season ticket? So you can use em on chilternz and virginity

There is, but it's the "Any Permitted" ticket priced by Virgin. This would set you back £268.60 a week for the point to point, or £285.20 for a Travelcard, compared to £141/£196 for the London Midland only option or £230.70/£251.90 for the "via High Wycombe" (i.e. any operator as far as Banbury, then Chiltern into London).

Annual is £10012/£10628 for the Any Permitted (equivalent to £250.30/£265.70 a week), £7944/£8892 (£198.60/£222.30 a week) "via High Wycombe" or £5640/£7840 (£141/£196 a week) for London Midland only.

Status
Not open for further replies.