• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Season Ticket text changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie

Established Member
Hum, just had to go and replace (at London Waterloo) my annual season ticket as the mag strip had failed.

For the first time ever I note, in small print along the bottom lefthand side, "Issued only for use by Mr WickedWolfie". Given the number of posters you see on here who claim that they were unaware that their season ticket non-transferable but was for use by them only do you believe this to be a response?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

westv

Established Member
Surely this is no different to photocards that are already needed?

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Surely this is no different to photocards that are already needed?

You are correct, however it would stop people claiming that they don't know season tickets are only supposed to be used by one person.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Probably, and on a TIS-by-TIS basis if a TOC has more than one.

Wolfie

Established Member
You are correct, however it would stop people claiming that they don't know season tickets are only supposed to be used by one person.

Indeed, that was my thought. In particular the English is simpler than "the ticket is non-transferrable" and so closes a potential loophole that non-native English speakers might have tried to use.

gordonthemoron

Established Member
Also, when I purchased my season from Moorfields they wanted my address whereas Leighton just gave me my ticket. Has something changed?

kieron

Established Member
There's also a small chance that any staff looking at it would become suspicious if you had a season ticket issued to a Mrs. WickedWolfie.

barrykas

Established Member
Also, when I purchased my season from Moorfields they wanted my address whereas Leighton just gave me my ticket. Has something changed?

The first time you buy a monthly or longer season ticket from a given TOC (sometimes even at station level), they should take your photocard number and contact details to add you to their Season Ticket Database.

As such, if you'd bought a ticket from another London Midland ticket office in the past, Leighton Buzzard would have access to that information, whereas Moorfields wouldn't.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
There's also a small chance that any staff looking at it would become suspicious if you had a season ticket issued to a Mrs. WickedWolfie.

Ooh, now there's a potential can of worms for those who participate in a little in the way of gender bending nights out. Does the ticket inspector have to work out which box to put people in? <D

Status
Not open for further replies.