• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Seat availability on 0623 Bristol Parkway to Penzance (2C43) at Exeter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sciisfun

cheers, at least I can prepare for the worst now XD how come this service runs as a 150? is it stock movement or lack of HST's? or as a mere passenger is there something I don't know about?

Established Member
cheers, at least I can prepare for the worst now XD how come this service runs as a 150? is it stock movement or lack of HST's? or as a mere passenger is there something I don't know about?

Is quite often fairly busy but rarely has anyone standing from Exeter.

headshot119

Established Member

Nothing to do with a lack of HSTs, it's one of the Cornish local services, which run as units rather than HSTs.

The diagram this unit works basically brings a unit from Bristol and ends up with it in Plymouth.

There's a similar diagram that takes a unit from Plymouth and ends up in Bristol.

455driver

Veteran Member
It's a West diagram so why would a HST be on it, it's like saying "why is the 12:34 from Crewe a 350 and not a Pendolino" when it's a London Midland service.

Last edited:

sciisfun

It's a West diagram so why would a HST be on it, it's like saying "why is the 12:34 from Crewe a 350 and not a Pendolino".

I'm just used to Exeter-Newton Abbots non stops to be a HST or 22x running a more Intercity profile, guess I'm a bit spoilt :lol: that and I tend to travel after 9.15 where possible

455driver

Veteran Member
I'm just used to Exeter-Newton Abbots non stops to be a HST or 22x running a more Intercity profile, guess I'm a bit spoilt :lol: that and I tend to travel after 9.15 where possible
They do let us get a bit of speed up and occasionally even let us miss a station or 2 on purpose! :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.