• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Seat reservations

Status
Not open for further replies.

72C

Hi

Just used the internet to buy off peak day returns from Yeovil Junc to Waterloo on Sunday. 09.32 up, early evening 17.15? returning. The on-line booking asked if I wanted seat reservations. Returning Sunday early evening I thought it may save me a long stand. When I completed the transaction the system advised that there were no seat seats available in either direction.

Does anybody have any thoughts as to why this happened?

TIA

Nigel

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
South West Trains do not issue seat reservations on ANY of their services.

This explains why a seat will not be reserved online - and can't be reserved via any other means either!

Established Member
Not sure if that is strictly true, I've booked tickets through their website before for Waterloo - Brockenhurst and was given a seat reservation, although this did not have seat numbers on. I would scan the ticket but can't find it at the minute, in a box somewhere.

moonrakerz

SWT issue "reservation tickets" with their AP tickets but these just identify the train - not the seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.