• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Seatfrog - bidding closed early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bayum

Established Member
I was going to upgrade to first class for my journey on Thursday but apparently there are no upgrades available?
How/why does this happen? Are they only allocated a number of seats and once they’re taken up they’re gone type thing?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
It would be useful to clarify which operator you will be travelling with.

Wallsendmag

Established Member
I was going to upgrade to first class for my journey on Thursday but apparently there are no upgrades available?
How/why does this happen? Are they only allocated a number of seats and once they’re taken up they’re gone type thing?
Yes only a selected number of seats on each service, of course if there is sufficent demand no seats may be made available. I know eveyone thinks trains are empty but I couldn't book a first class seat on a Doncaster to Newcastle service last week as it was fully booked.

Bayum

Established Member
I was only really interested if it was an upgrade of less than £20 given that LNER’s offering is somewhat reduced during the pandemic. I’ll just have to make sure I get food beforehand!

js517

Can seatfrog availability reduce during the bidding process? I've had 'bidding closed early' on LNER about 20 minutes into the bidding before. Could this happen if someone bought a 'normal' advance fare for that service at last minute?

skyhigh

Established Member
Can seatfrog availability reduce during the bidding process? I've had 'bidding closed early' on LNER about 20 minutes into the bidding before. Could this happen if someone bought a 'normal' advance fare for that service at last minute?
The normal reason is due to disruption meaning operators cancel the bidding, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.