• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Second BVE 4 ATO routes released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
Cheers for the link. Very slow at downloading for me at the moment though :(

Gavelex

Sorry if I sound stuped but what was the first BVE4 ATO route? That was the only one as far as I know.

LondonBVE

Coxster said:
Cheers for the link. Very slow at downloading for me at the moment though :sad:

It also took me quite long to download it, 30 mins for me. But it is worth downloading, looks really great. Recommend to read the tutorial, not like me bash the routes without reading. In the end mess up everything and only 5 mins later figure out how to drive it. :pukeleft:

Gavelex said:
Sorry if I sound stuped but what was the first BVE4 ATO route? That was the only one as far as I know.

The first ATO routes? I do not know, perhaps the Victoria Line for BVE 4???
Any idea?

Coxster

Established Member
It's estimating 2 hours this end - sod that! Anyone wanna send it via MSN? ;)

The Snap

Established Member
The route is great, as well as the system. After some examination of the code, it looks complex to incorprate into routes.

Mushroom

Can anyone send me this route? I keep getting error messages about 0.4Mb into the download. PM me for my adress if you can send it.

Harold

Took this for a spin and overall, I enjoyed it. Took me a while to get used to the controls etc. However, it's interesting how stricted the West Railway is in terms of stopping at stations.

LabRatAndy

I may just be being stupid but how do you get the thing to move?
Ive tried reading the instructions at the side of the screen but which keys are A1, A2 and S. according to BVE's setting they should be insert, Delete and space bar, but pressing these only results in frustration.

twright

Hi all! This is my first post!
I can't download the route, as I go to the website and click the link and it starts downloading, but it doesn't get very far and suddenly it says it's done. However when I attempt to run the installer, an error message comes up saying "zip file is damaged...". I have tried downloading it several times but it doesnt seem to work! Is it possible that someone could PM the file to me please?

Also, what was the first BVE4 ATO route??

Tom

LondonBVE

twright said:
Hi all! This is my first post!

Welcome to the forum!:blob7:

Mushroom said:
Can anyone send me this route? I keep getting error messages about 0.4Mb into the download. PM me for my adress if you can send it.
twright said:
I can't download the route, as I go to the website and click the link and it starts downloading, but it doesn't get very far and suddenly it says it's done. However when I attempt to run the installer, an error message comes up saying "zip file is damaged...". I have tried downloading it several times but it doesnt seem to work!

As far as I know most of the people who have downloaded the routes from there has an error as both your has. I do not know the reason. Those people who able to download and run the route, do your use Firefox? If that is the case perhaps the website has some feud problem with Internet Explorer. I don't have any error with it, I uses firefox and download using addons Downthemall.

twright said:
Also, what was the first BVE4 ATO route??

I have no idea what is the first ATO routes. Perhaps the Victoria Line for BVE 4??

LatRatAndy said:
I may just be being stupid but how do you get the thing to move?
Ive tried reading the instructions at the side of the screen but which keys are A1, A2 and S. according to BVE's setting they should be insert, Delete and space bar, but pressing these only results in frustration.

Try changing the key assignment. A1, A2, S, B1 etc... means the code in the key assignment try changing it to fit the insturction at the side.

Rich said:
After some examination of the code, it looks complex to incorprate into routes.

Never saw the code for the ATO plugin, but it is definetly won't work if you put the train on another route. The train will not even move. Maybe a little by changing the mode to FWD and Rev mode, but doing this only allow you up to the speed of 15 MPH.

Coxster said:
It's estimating 2 hours this end - sod that! Anyone wanna send it via MSN? ;)

Tom said:
Send it to me after... :P

Yup I know it take quite long with some of the internet, it depends on your connection speed and the download speed on the host. I noticed the download speed of the host is not stable. It will cut off and resume again. The file is quite big so won't be able to send. Try to email the author and asked him about it.

P.S Longest post I ever made. LOL!

Stooopid

Planet Stooopid (5 Earth Seconds = 1 Stooopid Day)
This is a Hong Kong Electric routes with BVE 4 ATO features.

http://konkyu.ogakoto.net/e_westrail_3.html

It's actually not a new route... ;) I downloaded a long time ago... If you see the date, you'll see it's been released almost 2 years ago.

If you download the BVE 2.6 route, you'll get the entire West Rail, instead of just the tunnel section.

LondonBVE

Yup It it is not a new one. Instead one year since it is released. The BVE 2 ones download seems down.

twright

Hi! I think I may have found a solution to the problems with downloading this route I posted yesterday. The problem was that the download seems to time out and finish before its downloaded the whole route. On the routes website, instead of clicking the download link try right clicking and selecting "save target as". Choose a location and press save. The download shouldn't then finish halfway through, and it should continue downloading all of the file. Well it seems to have worked for me!!
Hope this works for the people who found it didn't download properly.
Tom

mbonwick

Established Member
Hi! I think I may have found a solution to the problems with downloading this route I posted yesterday. The problem was that the download seems to time out and finish before its downloaded the whole route. On the routes website, instead of clicking the download link try right clicking and selecting "save target as". Choose a location and press save. The download shouldn't then finish halfway through, and it should continue downloading all of the file. Well it seems to have worked for me!!
Hope this works for the people who found it didn't download properly.
Tom

Nice one Tom! :glasses7: :happy7: :p :thumblef: :laughing: ;) :)

lev441

still can't download it... can some1 email it to me/send it to me on msn?

thanks

LondonBVE

twright that is also a good solution. Try changing your browser to firefox and download this addon call downthemall. It still remain downloading even the connection is cut off and will wait for connection. So this is another choice if you want too.

Mushroom

Finally got it to download. I got the DownThemAll! add-on for firefox that London BVE mentioned. Worked a treat. Cheers for the tip!

twright

I've just downloaded DownThemAll and Mozilla Firefox and they are very good! I hadn't heard of DownThemAll before, thanks!
I searched for BVE4 ATO on Google and I think the first route for BVE4 that featured the ATO plugin was the japanese Keio Line by Mr Sakurai. However the download link is inactive unfortunately!

This link takes you to the article on another forum about it:
http://forums.flightsim.com/ts/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=16&topic_id=13314&mesg_id=13314&page=

The article itself is quite old (when BVE 4 Beta was around!)
Just thought you may be interested!

Regards,
Tom

LondonBVE

Yup I did found it but I was unsure whether is it really the first ATO routes, as I don't know the link is dead. My Computer do not like FTP for some reason. So I don't post it here in case of any problem. Anyway twright thanks for searching.

Status
Not open for further replies.