• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Second Job While Waiting (WMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goingloco

No you can't. Something cash in hand you'd get away with. Do you want to lose your job because you can't sit at home and do nothing on 40k though??
Nonsense, my DM gave me a reference for a second job...........

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

12guard4

If WMT want to get rid of people then those with second jobs will be the first out the door I guarantee you. Sneaky little cash in hand fine. Otherwise I'd make sure you go through HR and ASLEF or you may find yourself never driving trains.

Jon1930

If WMT want to get rid of people then those with second jobs will be the first out the door I guarantee you. Sneaky little cash in hand fine. Otherwise I'd make sure you go through HR and ASLEF or you may find yourself never driving trains.
Well It was WMT that allowed a trainee I'm friends with to take on a 2nd job as he said he was bored being at home for so long and effecting his mental health. All they said was to stay on top of the rules and traction as anytime you could get a call to return to work, this was 7 months ago.

12guard4

Well It was WMT that allowed a trainee I'm friends with to take on a 2nd job as he said he was bored being at home for so long and effecting his mental health. All they said was to stay on top of the rules and traction as anytime you could get a call to return to work, this was 7 months ago.
So he got given the okay. That's different to just getting one.

PudseyBearHST

If anyone’s looking for a second job, this isn’t a bad little number. It’s £105k salary- Not great but it’ll mean a bit of extra pocket money while you’re waiting to return to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.