• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Secondment post within Network Rail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markos72

Hoping someone with role clarity experience can give a bit of advice.
I currently work with in the S&T Dept as a technician (grade 3) and have verbally accepted the offer of a secondment to possession planning for at least 6 months.
I'm just awaiting my offer letter and salary offer but have no idea what the offer is going to be-its a band 5 role clarity post.
Does anyone have any ideas with regards to this-I'm thinking as its initially a secondment I could probably keep my current rate or at least be pretty close to it?
I know I'm taking a hit money wise with no shift allowance but I have personal reasons for taking the job,main one being better family life and a break from shifts after 26 years.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
The salary range for band 5 is on Connect.

If the lower end of the range is higher than your current basic pay, you will get the difference as an allowance in each pay packet.

If your current basic is in the band 5 range, you should keep your current rate of basic pay.

I don't know what the arrangements are for shift allowances etc, but would expect that you would lose them.

In all cases, your new line manager should know, as he/she should be writing the letter that says how much you will get paid.

Last edited:

Markos72

I kinda thought that Bald Rick,I knew what the band 5 range was,just wasnt sure about the minefield that is role clarity.
I'm expecting my letter mid week,HR have really been dragging their heels the past few weeks.Then all being well I'll get my move date.
We're bleeding staff in our depot just now,folk wanting away for any number of reasons.Theres now going to be 1 guy left in our section at my grade.

The salary range for band 5 is on Connect.

If the lower end of the range is higher than your current basic pay, you will get the difference as an allowance in each pay packet.

If your current basic is in the band 5 range, you should keep your current rate of basic pay.

I don't know what the arrangements are for shift allowances etc, but would expect that you would lose them.

In all cases, your new line manager should know, as he/she should be writing the letter that says how much you will get paid.

general rule of thumb with secondment / 'acting up' roles regardless of setting

Markos72

Finally got my formal offer last week,confirming that I am keeping my rate.
Just awaiting on the 2 line managers sorting out a release date for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.