• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sectional Appendix no Longer Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordac

Established Member
Is it just me being dumb and not able to find it, or is the sectional appendix gone from Network Rail's website? The old link is dead, and I can't find it anywhere. Of course it's still available to industry people, but are they no longer making it generally available?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

najaB

Veteran Member
Is it just me being dumb and not able to find it, or is the sectional appendix gone from Network Rail's website? The old link is dead, and I can't find it anywhere. Of course it's still available to industry people, but are they no longer making it generally available?
If you're getting a 403 error like I did then my guess is that it's just a website error. If you use Google the direct links in the search results still load.

WatcherZero

Established Member
NR have redone their website to a more mobile friendly version so a lot of links are probably broken, but they have past form of never getting round to fixing stuff and leaving fragments of the site in the older styles.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
The public sectional appendices that Google shows up seem to be on an archived site.

The thing I've been looking for is track access applications, they were always there even if the route to them was non-intuitive, but I think they are also now only findable via Google.

Sometimes wonder if NR actually wanted the public to be able to find them before...

fairysdad

London, Surrey... bit of a blur round here...

You get to the Track Access page via these menu options on the new website:

Industry & commercial > Information for operators > Sale of access rights > View consultations on track access contracts and supplementals

At the moment this takes you to the track access page on the old website http://archive.nr.co.uk/browseDirectory.aspx?dir=\Track Access&root=
but it will migrate to the new website in due course as there is a note that says:
"Please note: information within this section is continuing to be updated before future migration to the new website at www.networkrail.co.uk, and will be available here until May/June 2018."

The Sectional Appendix downloads are at:

Industry & commercial > Information for operators > National Electronic Sectional Appendix

Mordac

Established Member
You get to the Track Access page via these menu options on the new website:

Industry & commercial > Information for operators > Sale of access rights > View consultations on track access contracts and supplementals

At the moment this takes you to the track access page on the old website http://archive.nr.co.uk/browseDirectory.aspx?dir=\Track Access&root=
but it will migrate to the new website in due course as there is a note that says:
"Please note: information within this section is continuing to be updated before future migration to the new website at www.networkrail.co.uk, and will be available here until May/June 2018."

The Sectional Appendix downloads are at:

Industry & commercial > Information for operators > National Electronic Sectional Appendix
Hooray, it's back. Thank you very much for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.