• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sectional Appendix online

Status
Not open for further replies.

sw1ller

Established Member
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but can anyone get the SA to download from the Network Rail site? I have hard copies but I work in a really difficult area and need 3 of the bloomin' things, plus, they're stored at work and I'm not always there when I want to reference them. It seems pot luck if I can get on the site, it seems like its either down or I need extra clearance to access the documents?? either that or I catch it on a good day and I'm in! anyone have any clue as to what's going on? is it that they're being updated so much they're very rarely accessible?

Thanks in advance as this is really starting to annoy me.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

krus_aragon

Established Member
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but can anyone get the SA to download from the Network Rail site? I have hard copies but I work in a really difficult area and need 3 of the bloomin' things, plus, they're stored at work and I'm not always there when I want to reference them. It seems pot luck if I can get on the site, it seems like its either down or I need extra clearance to access the documents?? either that or I catch it on a good day and I'm in! anyone have any clue as to what's going on? is it that they're being updated so much they're very rarely accessible?

Thanks in advance as this is really starting to annoy me.
NR switched to using "Box" to display the sectional appendices on their website, with the side-effect that you can't access them if you've disabled javascript in your browser.

A quick glance at https://www.networkrail.co.uk/indus...ators/national-electronic-sectional-appendix/ on my phone's browser fails to load properly. The site's working fine on my laptop (Firefox, on Linux), though, once I turned off my script blocker.

Ambient Sheep

Works fine for me on my (now quite old) Android phone.

It does seem to have changed though since I originally downloaded them a year or two back. If I remember correctly, previously I just got a download link, but now I have to tap the "..." box on the right beside each filename. This then pops up another box saying "Preview"; if I then tap that word it slowly brings up the whole PDF in a window within the webpage.

At the top of that window is a button with a download symbol on it (downwards arrow onto a line). Tapping that starts a download of the file, which seems intact at first glance.

Delta558

Ambient Sheep's method works - I was having the same problem a few weeks ago because I needed to redownload the Western Region and the 'preview' option is the only way I could get the pdf copy.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
If your on a phone, I've found you need to switch to "desktop" mode, then you get a download option presented under preview.

Ambient Sheep

Mine starts loading the "box" interface, then says "A network error has occurred while trying to load." . But I'm not using the default Chrome browser, so that may be a partial explanation.

Ah, I am, even if not the latest version, so that may well be it.

If your on a phone, I've found you need to switch to "desktop" mode, then you get a download option presented under preview.

Oh yes, so it does! However as you can see above, I found I didn't need to do that, but it's certainly simpler... thanks!

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Oh yes, so it does! However as you can see above, I found I didn't need to do that, but it's certainly simpler... thanks!

The previous version of the site never used to need such workarounds but ever since they updated it to the current version, that's the only method found that works anymore.

sw1ller

Established Member
Thank you very much for all the replies. Last night I tried on my phone and laptop. With chrome and Firefox before I posted this. I was having no luck at all. I’ve just tried with my phone again now and it’s worked fine. Not got access to my laptop at the moment so I can’t check if that’s still causing issues.

I will check various settings when I get home later. Thank you all again.

LOM

If you work in the industry you can apply to Network Rail for a NESA log in. This has the advantage of being completely up to date unlike the PDFs on the website.

mawallace

Where is the link to download the full maps - the appendix only includes updates rather then the full map

Status
Not open for further replies.