• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Seeing forum members unexpectedly

Kite159

Veteran Member
I saw @nat67 on Reading station today whilst the HST I was travelling on stopped there - I was able to have a brief word with him thanks to the HST drop light window! (won't be able to do that when it's an IET!).

I also saw Nat & Quinn at Reading earlier on the Friday at Reading as they were waiting for a HST from Penzance to roll in. Small world it be

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
I believe it is booked to be a 9 car IET, I'm guessing it was either the 1652 or 1752 from Reading?

The 1752 (the 1652 doesn't go to Hereford). I've yet to see a 9 car get to Hereford (someone will now prove that they have, I'm sure) and I don't think they can run 2 x 5 cars because of the short platforms.

Established Member
The 1752 (the 1652 doesn't go to Hereford). I've yet to see a 9 car get to Hereford (someone will now prove that they have, I'm sure) and I don't think they can run 2 x 5 cars because of the short platforms.
Aye. I've had 800307 Ledbury-Hereford!

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
We saw @geofftech & Vicky at ImberBus, and at 1min49 in this video, you might recognise some forum members:

We saw @James Wake but that wasn't unexpected, though his diagram turned out by sheer chance to be the optimum for us to do a trip on without having to specifically go out of our way to see him. I also spotted @hassaanhc.

Attachments

• imberbus.jpg
    imberbus.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 7

Crossover

Established Member
One from a few weeks ago, and not quite a meeting but it was agreed last night when with a group of forummers that it belonged here :)

I called the support phone line of one of the support partners (IT) of the company I work for regarding an issue we were having - this call was answered by @Mike395 (I knew they worked at the company I was calling, but wasn't expecting them to answer....they weren't expecting me either!)

Modron

Not sure if he is a forum member, but once met the famed Ian Poole at Rugeley Trent Valley.

I heard that he gave up the railways for a while (possibly something to do with bullying?) no idea if he had resumed the hobby.

Crossover

Established Member
Not sure if he is a forum member, but once met the famed Ian Poole at Rugeley Trent Valley.

I heard that he gave up the railways for a while (possibly something to do with bullying?) no idea if he had resumed the hobby.

Ian did used to be but hasn't been for some time. Still active elsewhere, I believe.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Starmill and I saw @Sir_Sheep at Manchester Piccadilly after the Stafford meal last month.

About 5 weeks ago we had @gimmea50anyday as our Guard between York and Newcastle, and a few days before that I was boarding a train at Doncaster and saw @class47 also getting on the same train.

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
Most of the back shift stoppers LDS-HUD are Newcastle crewed while the cl170 operated ones are Manchester based. You may well have bumped into me then if you are regularly on those stoppers

Crossover

Established Member
Most of the back shift stoppers LDS-HUD are Newcastle crewed while the cl170 operated ones are Manchester based. You may well have bumped into me then if you are regularly on those stoppers

I'm not that regular, but on two of the occasions I have used it, it has been guarded by a different RailUK member! Maybe one day it will become three :)

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
@ForTheLoveOf appeared unexpectedly on our train between Gilberdyke and Selby this evening.
Indeed, I was just going out for a jolly from home to home via Gilberdyke, and the double 153 that @yorkie & co were on was the train that suited my return itinerary best. Imagine my surprise when I walked down the aisle and heard mentions of "the thread about..." (something or other)! Out of all the trains, and out of all the obscure stations!