• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Seeing things - Class 67's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bodie

I saw the usual class 67 at Inverness Sat 12th May but I have recorded it as 67025.

This can't be can it???

I know there are only four RETB fitted 67's of which 025 isn't one and they are the one's that are allowed up this way.

Was I seeing things???

Most probably half asleep :)

Just need to hear it from someone else, as 67025 is one of the few I need to see to complete the class

Thanks

Bodie

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Liam

Established Member
I saw the usual class 67 at Inverness Sat 12th May but I have recorded it as 67025.

This can't be can it???

I know there are only four RETB fitted 67's of which 025 isn't one and they are the one's that are allowed up this way.

Was I seeing things???

Most probably half asleep :)

Just need to hear it from someone else, as 67025 is one of the few I need to see to complete the class

Thanks

Bodie

I'm confused.

RETB is only required North of the Ness Railway Bridge. As far as I am aware, all 67's are allowed to Inverness, either via Aviemore or Aberdeen.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
I think it might be preferred to use the RETB ones for the Highland mainline due to the brake modifications, but not required.

Bodie

Thank you for your help

So glad I wasn't seeing things.

Still if it weren't my eyes it was my brain, thinking non RETB 67's couldn't get to Inverness. My thought's were because the sleeper 67 comes from the RETB pool of 67's.

Thanks again

Bodie

SC318250

Only 3 of the 5 RETB skips were available the other day

67007 (which has failed a couple of times over the last few weeks)
67004/030 (stopped for wheelsets)
67011 on exam I think

scottie

67025 was definately at inverness on the 13th cos i saw it at aviemore on southbound sleeper that day while on my hols there. 67017 did it rest of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.