• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Seeking employment

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrisda04

I am a 22 year old who is seeking employment on the railway network. I have just completed an apprenticeship with Amber Train at Middleton Railway Leeds where I learnt about track laying and maintenance. I hold a full PTS and medical.
I am a volunteer on the Kirklees Light Railway where I am a qualified guard and also assist with track work. I am also a member on the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway where I am a qualified foreman and booking clerk.
I have applied for some jobs within the rail industry but have so far been unsuccessfull.
Can anyone help please

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
I am a 22 year old who is seeking employment on the railway network. I have just completed an apprenticeship with Amber Train at Middleton Railway Leeds where I learnt about track laying and maintenance. I hold a full PTS and medical.
I am a volunteer on the Kirklees Light Railway where I am a qualified guard and also assist with track work. I am also a member on the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway where I am a qualified foreman and booking clerk.
I have applied for some jobs within the rail industry but have so far been unsuccessfull.
Can anyone help please

Good luck with this mate. I am in the same position. I know how hard unemployment is, I was made redundant last April and am still seeking a new job, (Anything legal/paye, considered.!) Hope you get something good soon.

Last edited:

wessexen

Can anyone help please

I found it depends whats in your application, how do you apply for your chosen rail company? Is it online or do you send in your CV?

It also depends on distance and lots of other stuff. I know for the applications I've put into Southern and South West Trains, they have offered me assessments, although I am notorious for waffling. :) Is it OK if I have a look to see if I can suggest anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.