• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Selhurst/Norwood Jn problems this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjohnson

NRE is describing an "operating incident at Selhurst depot" causing issues in Southern land this morning. Anyone know more? (I'm guessing "operating incident" can cover a lot of things...)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ert47

NRE is describing an "operating incident at Selhurst depot" causing issues in Southern land this morning. Anyone know more? (I'm guessing "operating incident" can cover a lot of things...)

Venturing out in the next 20 mins, not sure what it is atm. Can see a bit of the depot from my back window, more trains stopping there travelling northbound than normal.

Not sure if London Overground is affected :s
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Just passed through Norwood Junction, running a bit behind so had to run to get my train.

there were LO dispatchers on platform 3 which is different, also when I checked the national rail website, the only trains advertised between Norwood and New Cross Gate were the fast Southern services and London Overground services.

Established Member
Could be various things - last time I heard of a depot operating incident it was a derailment (Neville Hill), and the one before that a set of points had failed.

howittpie

They were announceing on Forest Hill station this morning that it was due to a temporary fault with signal equipment.

bicbasher

Established Member
Still carrying on this evening. All Southern Metro stoppers from London Bridge are running on the fast line between New Cross Gate and Norwood Junction/Crystal Palace, however London Overground services are still using the slow line.

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Looks like a separate signalling issue later on at Sydenham has been causing some pretty hefty delays. I'm imagining they're unrelated to the operating incident though.

Status
Not open for further replies.