• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sellafield ticket on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellalistair

In a couple of weeks I'll be travelling to see my brother via work.
Friday
Morning St Bees - Sellafield
Lunchtime/afternoon Sellafield - Sheffield/Dore

Sunday
Afternoon Sheffield/Dore - Whitehaven (given no trains south of Whitehaven on Sunday Whitehaven is as close as I can get to St Bees or Sellafield)

However I obviously don't want to buy three singles!
I think I need separate SBS - SEL single to avoid needing a break of journey at Sellafield but then if I buy an off peak return from Sellafield rather than St Bees I can't use it via Carlisle on Sunday, or can I?

Thanks for any thoughts

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
A St Bees - Sheffield/Dore would have sufficed, if it wasn't for the bonkers break of journey restriction.

So, a St Bees - Moorthorpe (finishing short at Dore/Sheffield on the outward, and starting short at Dore/Sheffield on the return) will get around that, but you'd also need a St Bees - Sellafield single to get around the peak restriction.

That said, the Guard is likely to see how farcical the situation is and may well be accommodating!

Status
Not open for further replies.