• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SELRAP campaign goes to Brussels

Status
Not open for further replies.

boing_uk

I travel the Blackburn to Blackpool route quite regularly and the 17:15 and 17:35 westbound services west are often standing room only, particularly the former.

I would say that there probably is a reasonable amount of suppressed demand, simply due to the speed and reliability of the existing train services from Blackburn to Manchester and all points west thereof. Certainly for East Lancs, there is potential for there to be suppressed demand for the West Yorks jobs market, but as there isnt the infrastructure really in place without spending silly money, who knows? It would be a gamble.

East Lancs doesnt have a train timetable which suits many people, such as Burnley having departures west at xx:57 and xx:03 from Manchester Rd and Central respectively. That is effectively one train per hour for the town, which isnt great for commuters to even Preston.

I think before anything happens with the railways in East Lancs, Todmorden Curve and Blackburn - Bolton should be looked at first, giving East Lancs its transport links to that conurbation first, before even contemplating the west yorkshire ones.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

paul1609

Established Member
I take it from the lack of replies and information on the website that ths project has not been properly costed?

Status
Not open for further replies.