• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Semaphore adjacent Eastleigh East Yard

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeoffM

I must admit I don't actually know! I'm thinking the same as a standard shunt signal, but with white and yellow lights when "on" and the usual double white at 45 degrees when "off" - but I'm not so sure.

On the IECC it shows solid yellow when on and solid white when off. The one at Dagenham is UR1146R - it's on the down platform (overhead gantry IIRC) should you happen to wander that way.

Geoff M.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Simming

There is one on the RMC siding at balm road, leeds, when stone trains have to reverse from the RMC siding to gain access to the mainline. Although im sure it shows red as normal, but that might be the light conditions and my dodgy colour sight, as im sure you dont/wont get red lights on any repeater signal?

Tomnick

Established Member
Thanks Geoff - the yellow/white indication does make it sound very much like one of those that can be passed at "danger" for a shunt move into a headshunt or similar (modern equivalent of a yellow disc). The '-R' suffix suggests that it's not, of course! Then again, the yellow (repeater) disc at Marchwood is very similar to any other yellow disc, but with a very different meaning. It's all very confusing!

Tomnick

Established Member
GeoffM said:
I might be wrong - this document suggests that a repeater "can take the form of" (ie it is implying that it is not necessarily so) a standard shunt signal with the red aspect blanked off.
That'd make sense - it'd give the 'correct' clear indication, without the misleading indication when the signal being repeated is at danger. I vaguely remember seeing those in the Ryhope Grange example, last time I was around the area...bringing back memories now!

Oracle

Established Member
Not sure as I was in a traffic jam in Junction Road but a flats, presumably ex-Marchwood, went through Totton LC at 13.05 and was presumably runnign wrong line..it looked as though it might have been. The barriers stayed don and a passenger working went through shortly afterwards.

GeoffM

Well done. Has anybody reported this to the police? Seems pretty clear, uncontrovertable evidence to me. Though I suspect the worst they'll do is give the driver a verbal ticking-off.

Geoff M.

Ca55ie

Are digital photos allowed as evidence? I thought they weren't, due to the ease which they could be tampered with... (an example is the excellent re-liverying done by that chap from the AC Loco group)

Sam

Oracle

Established Member
Actually there was a witness...Mr NR that nearly got run over by the clown. I saw him do the operations and the driver literally drove round the closed gate! Actually, I was a witness too come to think of it! However that's nothing to the deliberate overtaking of two cars stopped at Junction Road, Totton crossing, by a lunatic...crossed double-white lines when the reds were flashing and zoomed across!

Status
Not open for further replies.