• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Senior Conductor EMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperNottsBill

Good afternoon,

I have recently accepted the position of Senior Conductor and been informed I'll need to go to Derby for 6 weeks for training. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what to expect please. I'm very curious about travelling there and back or do they put you in a hotel. Also what can I expect from the actual training, is it classroom based? Do they get us out and about? Just anything really would be good to know.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

High Dyke

Established Member
The Mem advises that it will be travelling to/from each day, not using hotels at the moment. The first two weeks should be retail, but you will also receive traction training. Both of these are classroom based. If possible, you may get a visit to a signal box. You should also be taken down to the sidings to demonstrate climbing into and out of a train.

Craig Smith

Good afternoon,

I have recently accepted the position of Senior Conductor and been informed I'll need to go to Derby for 6 weeks for training. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what to expect please. I'm very curious about travelling there and back or do they put you in a hotel. Also what can I expect from the actual training, is it classroom based? Do they get us out and about? Just anything really would be good to know.

Thanks
I’m in the same boat as you - starting on 17th January and can’t wait! I’ll be Nottingham based. What assessment date did you go to?

Aspen90

Me too! Starting 17th January. However I thought it was 12 weeks classroom but I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.