• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Senior Railcards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Can these be purchased shortly before the applicant turns 60 ?
Yes, unless there’s been a recent change. 3 years ago I ordered my first one online about 3 weeks in advance and it was delivered well before the notional valid start date, (which isn’t mentioned on the card). IIRC it only took a couple of days to arrive.

Might probably not be possible at a ticket office of course...

Trackman

Established Member
from the website: 'You can buy one up to two weeks before your 60th birthday if you buy online, but it’ll only be valid from your birthday onwards. If you buy from a station, you’ll have to be 60 or over on the day you do it.'

gtis

Hi mine is up for renewal in August can it be renewed with just my senior rail card
Or will I have to take the relevant documents again
Neil

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Hi mine is up for renewal in August can it be renewed with just my senior rail card
Or will I have to take the relevant documents again
Neil
You can’t get any younger, so you’ll just need the old card. Personally I’d recommend the 3 year online version if you have the cash, and get the significant discount.

stuartl

Only problem with the online versions is that you have to provide Passport or driving licence details. If you don't have either of these you're stuck with getting a one year one at a station, even if you already have a valid card that they know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.