• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Serious Problems and a call for help

Status
Not open for further replies.

slick

hi all been a while since any of you heard from me...this is due to my computer deciding to completly go tits up...My computer has a corrupted hard disk, causing some files on my computer not being able to access certain files, the whole of my bve file and half of my MSTS file and other files were rendered "unreadable". After running a check disk at startup the computer did not start at all..an after 3 days of tech support i was told my computer needed a master reboot to try and correct the problem..which totally wiped my hardrive leaving me with a "out of the box" computer. My hard disk is still corrupted but as long as i cancel the scan at the begginin all seem to run ok...

Im calling upon all of the people i sent any of my material to at whatever stage it was at as i cant remember who i send stuff to, especially to do with the 321. Also does anybody know if after a master boot do your old files get stored in a special file somewhere? i would at least like the cab back as have the sounds on a CD

Note to everyone Backup your files! i learnt the hard way

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jim

Established Member
Condolences there Slick. My hard drive did the same to be in November. Lost lots of photos, old BVE stuff etc. Hopefully your computer has it's troubles over now & I look forword to having your productions back:blob4:

Tom B

Established Member
Hmm. Unfortunately tech supports answer to everything is to wipe the HDD, even if it *may* have been recoverable...

The Snap

Established Member
Unlucky Slick! Shame about your stuff - maybe you should try Steve's new forum, and ask if anyone on there has your trains, as a few BVE train makers or on there regularly (Steve, Robert Glass, Simon G etc) ;)

Coxster

Established Member
The publically released BVE4 Class 321/4 & BVE2 Class 150/1 can still be found on my website. I never received any of the WIP trains. Good to see you around, although the circumstances could've been better!

Status
Not open for further replies.