• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Service delay refunds contactless GWR

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt_world2004

Established Member
Hello,

How do I go about claiming service delay refunds for contactless payments on gwr

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

najaB

Veteran Member
Hello,

How do I go about claiming service delay refunds for contactless payments on gwr
What kind of contactless payment are you speaking of? If in the Oyster area then it will be TfL who've charged you and so TfL who are responsible for any refund.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Hello,

What kind of contactless payment are you speaking of? If in the Oyster area then it will be TfL who've charged you and so TfL who are responsible for any refund.
Whilst it is TfL who have collected the money, I think matt_world2004 is talking about compensation rather than a refund, so he needs to contact GWR customer services. Get a copy of the journey history to prove that you were affected by the delay.

If, however, the issue is two maximum fares because the journey took too long, then yes you will have to contact TfL to adjust the charge first.

Status
Not open for further replies.