• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Services in the North West of England 1998 to 2004 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
What passenger services ran in the Northwest of England between 1998 and 2004. This is for the NWE2 route for MSTS. The extent of the route is Liverpool, Warrington, Manchester, Lancaster and Blackpool. I am mainly looking at loco-hauled services but I would also be interested in units.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Loco hauled trains in that area since '98? This is what I know of..

Class 31s (top n tailed) with 4 MK2s until last year on Manchester-Blackpool, this ended last year.
Class 47s with Mk2s on Manchester-Warrington and on to Holyhead, ended about 6 months ago. There were Class 37s on this route possibly as recently as 1998.
HSTs on Blackpool-Warrington and on to London until 2003?
Class 47s, 86s, 87s, HSTs on various Virgin services into Liverpool, Manchester and on the WCML.

And maybe more.

Guinness

Established Member
There was the one a day XC47 and WC HST Service from Blackpool and to Birmingham.

clagmonster

Established Member
37s worked Holyhead/Llandudno-Mnachester/Crewe services up u=until 2000, along with 158s and other carts. I think everything elese has been mentioned.

Guinness

Established Member
Units? Erm 101s are the main special things. Oh and 308s IIRC before Hunslet Barclay's Masterpiece replaced them.

clagmonster

Established Member
The 323s were already in service in 1998. There were a small number of 30 and 309s thoough, mainly on peak hour work.

Status
Not open for further replies.