• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Services that are not free for English, Welsh or Scottish passes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon75

On Moderation
Are they many services (including Airport/P&R) that a not free for English/Welsh or Scottish pass holders?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Samuel88

On Moderation
Pronto Chesterfield-Mansfield-Nottingham, is such a route isn't it?
Nope, I’ve used my ENCTS pass on there many times, maybe you’re thinking of the Red Arrow between Derby and Nottingham

Wirewiper

The "Haytor Hoppa" route 271 in Devon that operates four circular trips from Newton Abbot onto Dartmoor. It only operates on Saturdays from mid-May to mid-September.

ENCTS Passes are not valid on Falcon between Cullompton and Taunton, but passengers over 60 can get one-third off the adult fare. However passengers have to buy a ticket for the full journey they are making, they cannot just buy a Cullompton-Taunton or v.v. ticket and use their ENCTS pass for the remainder.

(just to be clear. ENCTS passes ARE valid for journeys wholly between Plymouth and Cullompton; and between Taunton and Bristol).

NorthOxonian

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Stagecoach's X5 (I think). Which is fine for some parts of the route which are an express coach service, but it also has a lot of local passengers, and is essentially the only public transport heading east out of Bicester towards Buckingham.

northrob

Any Park & Ride service in York - but only from the P&R site itself. Get on at any other stop into or out of the city and it's fine to use your pass. However, if you are doing the trip the other way (City - P&R and then return later), you can let the outbound driver know and he will issue you a ticket which allows you get back from the site for free.

Samuel88

On Moderation
Stagecoach's X5 (I think). Which is fine for some parts of the route which are an express coach service, but it also has a lot of local passengers, and is essentially the only public transport heading east out of Bicester towards Buckingham.
You can use an ENCTS on the full length of the x5, I’ve done it on a few occasions.

Robertj21a

On Moderation

Nope, all ok.

No Spirit

DalesBus routes originating in West Yorkshire accept ENCTS passes, however publicity material does indicate those routes/part routes in North Yorkshire which do not.

mde

The Citylink 900 between 12 and 3:30am, when it runs as the N900, doesn't accept SNCTS cards (see important note).

This caused confusion when the services were first advertised as Citylink hadn't made that restriction clear. It was sorted quickly after prompting by Transport Scotland.

Status
Not open for further replies.