• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Services to London Gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

daccer

Can anyone confirm what services are currently running to/from London Gateway. I have seen photos recently of services to Wakefield and other locations as well as the regular runs to Trafford Park. Have these new services had a detrimental effect on Felixstowe traffic?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Freightmaster

Established Member
Can anyone confirm what services are currently running to/from London Gateway. I have seen photos recently of services to Wakefield and other locations as well as the regular runs to Trafford Park. Have these new services had a detrimental effect on Felixstowe traffic?
The Trafford Park and Wakefield DB trains are all part of the same diagram
(the train runs to Trafford Park on MWFO and Wakefield TThO).

The other main services are a daily, 70-hauled Freightliner service to Crewe,
plus trip workings to/from Tilbury (Leeds traffic)
Have these new services had a detrimental effect on Felixstowe traffic?
AFAIK, the DB trains convey 'new to rail' traffic, and the Freightliner
services carry traffic previously conveyed from Tilbury, so I don't think
any rail traffic has moved from Felixstowe to Gateway.

MARK

Southern Dvr

Think it has had a very detrimental affect on Grain though. Not sure there's actually any Intermodal traffic there any more.

muddythefish

On Moderation

So about 2 services in and out per day ? Hardly the rail freight revolution it was promised to be plus I also understand it is double tracked - how does that make sense when Felixstowe with 29 each way is a single track branch line ?

Status
Not open for further replies.