• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Settle And Carlisle Day Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilmc

My wife recently travelled on the S+C from Appleby to Skipton and saved a couple of pounds by buying a S+C Day Ranger for £15. She mentioned (and I've just confirmed it online) that the price of this is increasing to £30 from this weekend.

I can't actually see that many day return fares will come to anywhere near this unless you travel the entirety of the line and commence early on a weekday (i.e have to use an Anytime ticket rather than off-peak) and even then the full cost is only £34.60.

Is this about to become one of the worst "deals" offered on the network?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorksrob

Veteran Member
As i've said on here before, I think £30 is pitched too high for the product.

That said, I doubt that many tourists do the route from end to end, so it probably won't affect day-trippers that much. Infact, a return from Leeds to Appleby has actually got better from around £26 to £23 with the off-peak fare.

Status
Not open for further replies.