• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Settle Carlisle & The Tyne Valley and Edinburgh Easter Statesman

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Does anyone have timings for these two trains. I am looking for the times back for the first and the time out and back for the second. I hope to photograph them near Northallerton if i can.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Crossover

Established Member
Well, you probably won't get any better timings than on the Railtourer site, since it is run by them and says the timings are confirmed.

It is all set to go anyway and it was sat in Scarborough platform 1 this evening - it is hanging off the end of the platform, which shows the length of it! Up to Carlisle, 47826 will be on the back. I didn't get the number of the loco that will be in charge as I was surprised to see it whilst arriving on the humble 185 and wasn't walking the length of platform 1 to find out! It is, however, in an all over blue livery (47 obviously)

Hope anyone on it has a great day out...to anyone getting off at the likes of Seamer etc...remember to check there is a platform there before alighting...I bet over half of it will be off the platform in most cases!

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Well, you probably won't get any better timings than on the Railtourer site, since it is run by them and says the timings are confirmed.

It is all set to go anyway and it was sat in Scarborough platform 1 this evening - it is hanging off the end of the platform, which shows the length of it! Up to Carlisle, 47826 will be on the back. I didn't get the number of the loco that will be in charge as I was surprised to see it whilst arriving on the humble 185 and wasn't walking the length of platform 1 to find out! It is, however, in an all over blue livery (47 obviously)

Hope anyone on it has a great day out...to anyone getting off at the likes of Seamer etc...remember to check there is a platform there before alighting...I bet over half of it will be off the platform in most cases!
It is a large logo one with a name - county of essex?

Crossover

Established Member
It may have a BR logo, I can't remember to be honest. Can't say I saw a name.
For some reason 47851 is stuck in my mind, but I may have just made that number up! :P

DarloRich

Veteran Member
It may have a BR logo, I can't remember to be honest. Can't say I saw a name.
For some reason 47851 is stuck in my mind, but I may have just made that number up! :P

the one starting at Ely went through Northallerton bang on time. I think 2x57 (certainly purple Ronnie on the back!)

EltonRoad

Shot of Settle Carlisle Tyne Valley as it crossed Smardale Viaduct (north of Kirkby Stephen) - BR blue looks good against the scenery. 13 coaches, Scarborough Spa on rear.

Attachments

• Tour 1 sh sm cr.jpg
    Tour 1 sh sm cr.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 16
Status
Not open for further replies.